“Good experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 45 hotels in Fargo
texas
“Good experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Spent four nights here in July for family reunion. Room was nice but with very slight odor. Nice furniture, TV, and linnens. A great large indoor pool for the kids, but room had strong chlorine smell, and was pretty warm in the afternoon. Plenty of tables and chairs and a bar with friendly staff. They did have some rules that seemed odd to me about where you could buy a drink and where you could take it. Very tight security. Did not eat in the restrant but it looked nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ShawnH22, Manager at Holiday Inn Fargo, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at our hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. I wish I knew what room you stayed in regarding the chlorine smell. I would assume it is a poolside or poolview room and certainly because of the immediate location to the pool, there is normally going to be a chlorine odor to that area. I wish you could have tried our restaurant, we serve Certified Angus Steaks and a huge assortment of other specialties. Hopefully on the next trip you will take advantage of our restaurant. Thanks again, Shawn Hagen ~ Assistant General Manager

172 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Glen Ullin, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My family and I stay at the Fargo Holiday Inn every time we are in town. My oldest daughter attends college in Fargo and we visit often, but I wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else. The extremely courteous staff, the great recreation area and pool, the in-house lounge and casino, and the best location in Fargo are just a few reasons to look no further that Holiday Inn Fargo! I suggest you stay you'll realize you wouldn't want to stay anywhere else in the area!!

Room Tip: Variety!! Tons of ground floor rooms with pool/recreation access and plenty more tower rooms for...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ShawnH22, Manager at Holiday Inn Fargo, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Your comments are very kind. Thank you. We will do all we can to keep this hotel a great place for you to come and visit. We look forward to your next stay. Sincerely, Shawn Hagen ~ Assistant General Manager
Wawanesa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

New swimming pool with a pirate theme for the kids. The thing is the rest of it could have used updating too. The railing to get into the pool was very loose. The hot tub was miniscule. The security was very much in evidence. I wonder why so many were necessary. The room was clean, eveerything needed was there. It was also a quiet room, being inside the compound.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
ShawnH22, Manager at Holiday Inn Fargo, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you so much for being a guest of our hotel. You were here on the opening weekend of our newly renovated Shipwreck Bay Water Playland pool area. As with every new opening, there was just a few things we found that we wanted to correct. The first is the railing that was a little loose. We have ordered and will be installing the new railing shortly so that will be corrected. With the weekend being NDSU graduation weekend, we made sure to have additional security in the pool area just to keep things running smoothly. We are glad you had a nice stay and liked the clean rooms. We thank you again and look forward to your next visit. Sincerely, Shawn Hagen ~ Assistant General Manager
Caserta, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Stayed there from 27th April to 3rd MAy, 2013. One of the only attraction (!) is the Mall in front of it (West Acres). Typically american, no continental breakfast, I had it just twice. Restaurant not used. Bar Lounge seemed nice, not been. You can enter from the back entrance to get your room avoiding the reception otherwise walk kilometers of corridors. Not clean, not dirty. Good WiFi. They drove me to the airport with their shuttle.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
ShawnH22, Manager at Holiday Inn Fargo, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us some feedback on your stay. We do have an excellent location being directly across from West Acres Shopping Center which is the largest shopping center in the region. Unfortunately you didn't try our restaurant which we are very proud of whether you want to join us for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I would assume you were able to visit one or two of the numerous restaurants surrounding our hotel instead. Again thank you so much for commenting on our hotel. Hopefully we will see you again in the near future. Sincerely, Shawn Hagen ~ Assistant General Manager
Grand Forks, North Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Very dissatified. The rooms smelt unclean.The security was all over everyone. There were all these rules of no eating outside our rooms or having a cooler, we couildn't combine 2 tables because of fire hazard. My brother couldn't get a different room card even though they called to tell him his room card would no longer work for his room. Which when I registered I gave all the names of his family that was staying there. We couldn't check in till after 5:30. I also heard some people got $50 off for late check in. This was never offered to us. We will never stay at this motel again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
ShawnH22, Manager at Holiday Inn Fargo, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
I'm sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with your stay with us. We truly do care about your experience and I would really like to get a few more details regarding your stay. For the safety and security of our guests, we do have fairly strict policies on who we are able to issue room keys to, so if you are able to call me at your convenience, I'd like to follow up on your experience a little more. You can reach me directly at 701-277-7322. Please call me and I look forward to speaking with you. Sincerely, Shawn Hagen ~ Assistant General Manager
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

After I checked in, the lady at the counter showed me the floor plan and explained how to get to the elevator. This hotel was big. There was a very long corridor that seemed to have no ending, I dare say it was 100 metres (see attached photo). It would be very inconvenient for the elderly or kids. The elevator buttons were also weird. If you stay in room 6xx, you could be staying on the 5th floor actually. You need to find the right floor by checking your room number against the elevator buttons (see photo).

Anyway, the room was nice and clean. Wifi and parking were free. The hotel was located in an area with quite some shops within walking distance, including sears (opposite side of the road) and Target, with a Japanese and Italian restaurants right behind the huge premises.

The hotel serves set breakfast of $6.95 that you could pick four items (e.g. 2 eggs, sausage/bacon, toast, juice, etc) from the list. There were also other food items. The breakfast was okay.

I attended an event in the hotel. Food was pretty good. Conference facilities seemed adequate, too.

Despite some odds, this hotel would be a good choice for business travellers.

Room Tip: Choose a room that is close to the lobby, or you would need to have a long walk.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
ShawnH22, Manager at Holiday Inn Fargo, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
It was a pleasure to read your review of our hotel. I agree that our hotel is quite large with a total of 310 rooms available. We try to keep our check-in process and room locations as convenient as possible by having entry doors available throughout the building and by having our parking lot completely surround the building so our guests are able to park closest to the door that is most convenient for them. We do have a great situation for location, with West Acres Shopping Center right across the street as well as a large assortment of other stores, restaurants, bars and movie theaters within blocks of our location. We are glad you enjoyed your convention/meeting and look forward to seeing you again soon. Thanks again, Shawn Hagen ~ Assistant General Manager
Bismarck, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Had another meeting here. Again the staff handling the meeting function performed well. Also the meeting rooms worked fine. Also enjoyed my room. It was quiet and well maintained. They were doing some work in the pool area so there were some annoying fumes. Was worse in other rooms I was told. Again will mention that this is another hotel that posts how green it is but even though my towels were hung up, everything was changed. Also do we need to throw the plastic cups out each day? Just asking. Check-in and check-out service were quick and easy.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ShawnH22, Manager at Holiday Inn Fargo, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. We're sorry that you had some concern about the odor from the remodeling. You must have been staying here when we re-painted the pool as part of our renovation of the pool area. We are now almost completely done with that remodeling and will be opening that newly refurbished Shipwreck Bay Water Playland on Friday, May 10th.

We continue to try to make strides in being more eco-conscious. We have made some huge changes in how we do business over the last several years and have made significant reductions in our Carbon footprint. Our staff are so concerned about cleanliness, that they are sometimes missing some of the simple "green" steps like not taking the towel that is hanging or changing the linen even when the guest hasn't requested it. We will continue to work on these things so that we do our part in protecting the world we live in. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. We appreciate you and your business. Shawn Hagen ~ Assistant General Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Fargo? Share your experiences!