“Excellent Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 45 hotels in Fargo
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Excellent Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

I stayed here for an interview the next day and Royce gave me everything I asked for including a later checkout time. The breakfast was quite good and the rooms were clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: try to get a room that begins with 1 or 4 so its on the 1st floor; if you are in other rooms then yo...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
FARGOHI, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Fargo, responded to this review, November 4, 2011
Thank you for your kind comments and we appreciate you staying with us at the Holiday Inn during your recent visit. We look foward to seeing you the next time you visit the Fargo area.

184 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Halifax, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

This was my first time staying in Fargo, I booked online, but only choose it due to it's "WATERPARK" - and I use that term lightly.
I came in from the North on I-29 and the Hotel was convieniently located right near the edge of the highway and I could see many big-box stores and restaurants so I was pleased.
I checked in fast and an hour ahead of schedule all was going well, but when I saw the room I was a little disappointed; When I booked online the only room available was a non-smoking single King bed.My payment was in advance and non refundable so I was told I got a "deal", over the normal fare. My room had to be non-smoking, but at over $100 a night I guess I was expecting a little more.
I would have stayed here regardless because my son (7) wanted to experience the much touted "Shipwreck Bay Water Playland". But I guess I should have paid more attention to the amendeties (or should I say,LACK OFF).
No safe,fridge or microwave,fuzzy flat screen TV and the bathroom was so small even my son found it cramped.
There are arcarde games(half of them had Out of Service signs on them, the other half should have as you would put your money in and nothing happened.
There is free ping pong, which is okay I guess, but the air hockey table is a buck a play and one side of the table is pushed up against a wall limiting movement.
I guess my biggest disapointment was the pool, the ad made it seem like it was more seperate from the kids water area but it is actually just a 4 foot deep wading pool so parents can catch their kids as the slide down 3 rather dull water slides.
The Pirate ship appeared much larger/more exciting in photos - well done to the advertisers, you got me!.
My son enjoyed it, I guess but he's been at better and after 40 minutes he was kind of bored.Maybe if he was there with more friends he would have had a better time, but I think the whole waterpark experience is for the 1-5 age range.
There is also an adult exercise area, though when I walked by I saw a 5 year old in the room unattended hauling around a dumbell!
The pool area also sells beer ($3) and the building offers free coffee, and internet.
bottom line, if you don`t have kids, (or even if you do) I thinkthere are much cheaper hotels that still offer a decent pool area and more room options.

Room Tip: If you don`t have kids ask for a room as FAR AWAY from the pool as possible!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
FARGOHI, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Fargo, responded to this review, October 26, 2011
Thank you for your comments. We do appreciate your feedback and choosing our hotel to stay at during your visit. We apologize that your stay with us fell short of what you were expecting. We do strive for excellence at our hotel, and we do hope you will try us again in hopes to make your next stay a memorable one!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011 via mobile

I stayed at this establishment recently. Their set up is fairly unique. They have a few buildings. They gave me a room on the 6th floor. I assumed that it'd be in the same building as the lobby. It wasn't. They have a tall building in the back that doesn't look like it belongs there. I had to walk or drive to the lobby, hotel restaurant, etc. The back building smelled awful. It smelled like mold. I asked to be move to another room. The front desk staff was not friendly. After I settled into a different room, I ordered some steak from room service. They screwed up my order and were hesitant to fix it. I sent everything back. I couldn't try to reason with them anymore. Overall, the staff at this hotel was very rude, inconsiderate and has no knowledge of customer service. If I ever come to Fargo again, this hotel will not be on my list. You'd have to twist my arm and threaten my life in order for me to change my mind. The main building wasn't bad. The back building was fairly old. If you have to stay here, don't stray from the main building.

• Stayed October 2011
FARGOHI, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Fargo, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
Thank you first and foremost for your comments about your recent stay with us. We take all comments and use them to help us improve future stays for yourself and others. We obviously did not succeed in our attempt to give you the best experience while staying with us, and I apoligize. We are addressing your concerns with our staff and thank you for staying with us. Please know our entire staff strive to give the best service possible, but fell short on aspects of your stay with us, and I again apoligize for this.
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

This was a great hotel for families, the pool was great little ones as well as older children. The rooms were clean and the staff was helpfu. Only the are around the pool was very busy and got a little dirty throughout the day.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Thank You for your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn. We appreciate your comments so we can continue to deliver excellent service to our guests. I am sorry you did not enjoy the excercise room during your visit. We recently renovated the excercise room, to include weight balls, free wieghts, and new excercise machines with individual flat screen tv's on each aparatus for our guests enjoyment. It is disappointing that you did not enjoy this part of your stay, but we want thank you again for staying with us and let you know we appreciate you choosing Holiday Inn during your visit to Fargo.
Durham, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

Very large hotel and conveniently located. Staff is friendly. Heating system in my room did not work properly, and the staff sent someone to fix it. Hotel is not the most modern. The bar is apparently quite full late into the night. There is a nice pool. The breakfast is OK, not up to other hotel standards, but is more moderately priced than similar buffets in hotels on the East Coast. Poor exercise facility.

Room Tip: This is a huge hotel and it is apparently full most of the time due to lack of accommodations in Far...
Killdeer
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

Very disappointed with the rooms! For a supposedly "Higher-End" Hotel, there was no fridge or microwave in the room. Stayed there for 3 nights while attending a conference. Had to raid the ice machine to keep drinks cold in the bathroom sink. When staying for more than a night or two, a fridge/microwave sure would have been nice. Since no comlimentary breakfast was available, I would have purchased something at a nearby store to put in the fridge for first thing in the morning, but alas..no fridge! Also, coffee maker was on a small end table with NO outlet nearby, Had to move the coffee maker to where the TV was in order to plug in and use. Not thought out very well. They need to take a lesson from some of the 'lower-end' hotels like Days Inn, or Econo Lodge who offer these ammenites, AND offer a continental breakfast.. Sure would have been a treat to be able to get a bagel or sweet roll, coffee and orange juice first thing in the morning. At $125/night, I feel cheated. Upon check-in, no one at the counter, and I had to make noise and wait quite awhile before someone came from the back. As I'm coming and going to meetings and passing staff in the hall, no one once greeted me or said "good day". I don't think I'll be staying at this Holiday Inn anytime soon, when for $80/night or less, I can get these ammenities and a much friendlier staff that is willing to please!!!!

Room Tip: Make sure to ask what ammenities are included in the room.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
FARGOHI, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Fargo, responded to this review, September 29, 2011
At the Holiday Inn we strive to give every guest an excellent experience while staying with us. We are sorry we fell short of our goal with your visit and we are addressing the issues you listed.
If interested in discussing further, please feel free to contact me at 701-282-2000. I would sincerely like to address your concerns with you.
Dean
Director of Sales
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

This hotel has an excellent location, great service staff, and good meeting and dining facilities. The downside hotel is showing it's age, needs a facelift but acceptable. It is also very spread out, 5 minute plus walk from some guest rooms to meeting rooms. Has a terribly confusing room numbering system. My room 503 was on the third floor. Had colleague in 412 which was on first floor and another in 600 on the 6th floor. Must make sense to someone but not me. Again this is an OK option, not tremendous but not expensive either.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Fargo? Share your experiences!