Had to find a room in Fargo after a blizzard came in and shut every Interstate in and out of Fargo down. $130/night after tax.
* Great location
* Very good size rooms (had booked a 2-room 2-queen bed suites), clean, modern.
* Nice common areas (elevators are a bit out of date, but otherwise very nice.)
* Pool area is fantastic (if a bit out of date)
* No glasses/cups in the room, just the cups that come with the coffee (??).
* Bed's are horrible, as mentioned in other reviews. Pillows are also pretty bad.
* Heating/AC system is pretty bad - window unit that is supposed to control the entire suite. There is a bulkhead/fan that is supposed to move air, but very ineffective.
* Friend had Salmon from the restaurant for takeout, $28 for a fillet and it included NO sides. Ouch. Not even some rice, veggies, etc. This ain't a fine restaurant. Not sure if it was an oversight or if that was supposed to be the case.
We booked 2 rooms through Expedia by way of 2 separate reservations (didn't allow me to book 2 rooms on one go through their mobile site). Unfortunately, 1 of the 2 reservations was never communicated to the hotel. The hotel would not honor the other reservation (even though we printed both out at the business center). Standing at the front desk while Expedia and the hotel clerks argued with each other about who's fault it was is pretty irritating. Front desk manager and clerks could have simply resolved it by saying that they would guarantee they would not be charging Expedia -- and that Expedia should refund us. The good news is that the Reservation Manager the next day ensured me he would speak to Expedia (if I called Expedia and they called him), and guarantee them that he would not be charging Expedia for the reservation they never received. The front desk commented that they have issues with Expedia reservations.
All in all, you can probably find better. The Hilton Garden Inn across the parking lot looking good but not sure what it is like inside.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Presidential Award Winning Hotel, the Ramada Plaza & Suites is the perfect choice for business or leisure. From the moment you arrive, your comfort will be our pleasure. Known for its elegance, class, and genuine hospitality, the Ramada Plaza & Suites features 185 guest rooms including 117 two-room suites. Indulge in Basies restaurant – voted one of the area’s finest, serving many cuisine specialties. Enjoy a cocktail in our lounge or refresh yourself in Coconut Cove and Cabana Waterpark and experience our 150’ waterslide! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Wyndham, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Ramada Plaza Fargo Hotel and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Plaza Suites And Conference Center
- Ramada Plaza Hotel Fargo
- Ramada Fargo
- Fargo Ramada