“Great overnighter” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 47 Hotels in Fargo
Winnipeg, Canada
“Great overnighter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

We stayed here one night on the way to Minneapolis for a hockey tournament. The desk clerk was experienced and helpful. Our room was placed on the 6th floor, it was clean and comfortable. The pool was safe and fun with a SMALL arcade in it and a waterslide and a restraunt in it. Just wasn't the cleanist. There was several WI-FI rotors in this hotel. And Breakfast at it's restraunt Basie's which we didn't end up going to. This hotel is right in the heart of Fargo right across and down the street from Target, West Acres Mall and many restraunts.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room highr than the 3rd floor because there could be pool noise.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
North Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

My son and I stayed at the Ramada Plaza Suites on our way back to Illinois from a college visit. From the minute we walked in, it was a great visit. The front desk aimed to please in every way! Should our travels take us back to Fargo, we would deifnitely stay at the Ramada Plaza Suites again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
TwinCities
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

We initially booked our reservation on Priceline.Com for $75 a night but the Ramada only had smoking rooms available. We upgraded for an additional $25 per night to a suite overlooking the pool. This decision worked out great. The room was very large and the beds were very comfortable. Flat screen tvs in the bedroom and living room were very nice and we could not hear anyone in the pool from our room. The pool was great and the kids enjoyed the water slide. The only recommendation would be the water temperature could be warmer in the pool and hot tub. We did not eat the food but the prices were reasonable for the food and alcohol. We would recommend the Ramada Plaza for your next stay in Fargo. The front desk staff were very friendly - the male attendant who initially answered the phone overnight when I had a question was rude but other than that it was a great stay. Thank you

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Christine B, Manager at Ramada Plaza Fargo Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful feedback! We are very happy to hear you were able to enjoy our swimming area! We hope you are able to come visit us again soon and take advantage of some of our other amenities like Basies Restaurant and Lounge!
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

Love the place! Friendly staff, nice big rooms, good food, LOVE the pool,plus its right across the mall !!! we always stay at Ramada while in Fargo!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Andover, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

My wife, myself and my 2, 4, and 11 year old children spent the past weekend at the Ramada in Fargo. This was the second time we have stayed there and we had another excellent time. Everything about it from the cleanliness, the hotel staff, the food (the brunch was incredible) the modern rooms, and for us especially, the pool and fitness area were outstanding. About the only thing I wish they had was an escalator for the waterslide because I can't count the number of times I climbed those stairs with my kids! We stayed in a suite and it worked out great with the kids. Oh, and the rooms seem to be completely sound proof. My 4 year told me on Sunday "Dad, we should never leave here" He even had it worked out in his head - he showed me the desk and said my computer would fit right there and I could do my work in the room! I don't review many things, but this gets 5+ stars.

Room Tip: The suites work great if you have kids. They have two rooms with a door and two TV's, a small f...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Winnipeg Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Was there over the past weekend with a group of friends. Stayed in one of the suites and was impressed with the size, cleanliness, etc. This hotel is a great option for families doing a cross border shopping weekend: two TV's means the kids get their own TV (in their own room), pool was large and the waterslide perfect for all ages, and you're right across the street from the mall.

My only complaint was the Wi-Fi and business centre. I'll repeat what an earlier poster listed below - the Wi-Fi is brutally slow; to the point of being unusable. The computers offered in the business center in the lobby were also old and slow too. Not a significant issue for the type of trip I took, but if I were there on one of my business trips this would be cause to write a negative review. Hotel management - you've got a great property but could be even better with some minor upgrades to your Wi-Fi and business center amenities!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Christine B, Manager at Ramada Plaza Fargo Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Thank you for your comments and feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our wonderful amenities from our Coconut Cove Waterpark to our newly renovated suites! We are excited to inform you that we are currently upgrading our internet these changes will hopefully be completed by your next visit. Thank you again for choosing the Ramada Plaza & Suites!
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012 via mobile

Had a great stay. Loved the clean room, large flat screen tvs, comfortable bed etc etc. will be back soon.

Stayed April 2012

Been to Ramada Plaza Fargo Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!