“Great Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 45 Hotels in Fargo
Chanhassen, Minnesota
“Great Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Ramada during the holidays and it was wonderful. The room was very clean and it was very nice to have a fridge and microwave. Thank you Ramada!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Christine B, Manager at Ramada Plaza Fargo Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us your wonderful review! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope you are able to come visit us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

We totally enjoyed our stay. We decided to getaway and do some shopping. The hotel is really close to most major shopping even within walking distance. But after the hustle and bustle of the shops we enjoyed the pool. It was warm and comforting with a great hot tub or the sauna. And while you are there you can enjoy a snack and or beverage while relaxing. Once the day is done you can turn into your inviting room. The 2 room suites are great for families. There are a number of great amenities to enjoy.

Manitoba, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

Stayed for two nights over the Black Friday weekend. Found it to be very convenient location, just accross from the West Acres Mall. The rooms are large and very clean. There is a wet bar in the room which is also very handy, and a fridge. We loved it because it was spacious. Everything went well until a few days after our return I discovered they had charged us on my MC although we had booked and pre-paid on Hotwire. To make matters worse I had also booked for my sister-in-law and they also charged her again. It took more than a couple of phone calls to clear things up, seems to be a lack of comunication with the staff. Eventually we got refunded, although of course we had to wait for it all to go through our credit card company and then we paid an extra $10.00 because of the currency exchange, and the hotel just said nothing they could do!!! Never offered us any vouchers for free breakfast if we return or anything, frustrating and disappointing response to a problem that was clearly of their making. Anyhow that being said, I did enjoy the hotel and would return but will make sure that there is no confusion before I check out and if you pre-pay, then I would strongly advise you to do the same.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are good but I believe they do have connecting room and suites.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Devils Lake, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

I stayed a couple of nights for a conference. Beds were comfortable. Room was clean. Excellent shower. Nice big screen HDTV and free WiFi. Convenient location.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
SD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

My husband and I stayed here with a business conference. We had a double queen suite and it was very roomy, clean, plenty of towels and toiletries, and had the most comfortable beds. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone. We ate breakfast in the restaurant near the lobby and it was fine, however it is not free and we did not use the pool or business center, so we can't comment about them.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Christine B, Manager at Ramada Plaza Fargo Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 2, 2012
I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! All of our amenities are here to make your stay as satisfying as possible and are we glad you were able to experience some of them. We hope to see you again in the near future! Thank you, Christine Boprie
Moorhead, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

What a disappointment all around. The bathroom was very dirty. I actually went and purchased some disinfectant wipes and cleaned it myself. The beds were hard and uncomfortable. The vending machine ripped my off... twice. The free internet had a poor signal and I couldn't get any work done. I was constantly kicked off the network. The whirlpool was overflowing with little kids. I was unable to get in it more than a few times over two days. When I was able to squeeze into a spot....I was splashed, kicked and hit with water toys. I spoke to a pool attendant and the front desk several times about this. I was pacified and told it would be taken care of. Nothing was ever done. There are multiple signs posted saying that "nobody under 12 years old is allowed in whirlpool". Why bother having rules if they are not enforced??? I have to settle for sitting in a hot bathtub in my room. I could have stayed home to do that! I have disc problems in my back and we travel often. So, a comfortable bed and soaks in the whirlpool are priorities for me. This is probably our worst overall experience anywhere.

Harvey, North Dakota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

Fargo ramada plaza Suites is a great place to enjoy the city after a rough summer on the farm. The beds are great and rooms quiet and there are large HD tv's in each room. Cafe and Bar right inside along with a fantastic water slide for the grandchildren. The meeting rooms are outstanding and staff freindly and helpful. I recommend the Fargo Ramada Plaze Suites for both family and business travel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Ramada Plaza Fargo Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!