“Good place to stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Dickinson
East Gull Lake, Minnesota, United States
“Good place to stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

This a very convenient hotel. My only knock was the the fact that I had used my rewards points and it used up way more than other Comfort Inns that I have stayed at. But also I am aware that there has been a shortage of rooms due to the oil boom in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
DickinsonComfortInn, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
That you for the nice comment about our hotel. We are glad you thought our location was convenient. You are correct in the fact that it does take more points to stay here vs. some other Comfort Inns. Choice hotels itself sets those values, so they determine how many points they are going to charge you to stay at our facility.

We hope you will choose to stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Brooklyn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We almost always find Comfort Inn to have great beds, good breakfast and all the amenities we look for on the road...refig, ice and quiet rooms. Not disappointed in Dickinson. Conveniently located for us to get to and from Theodore Roosevelt National Park easily.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
DickinsonComfortInn, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you so much for the positive comments about our hotel. We also appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others. We look forward to your next visit with us.
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

This hotel was the best deal in Dickinson, which was shockingly expensive for where it is. So it seemed overpriced, but not really when compared with the hotels in the area. The hotel was old. The rooms were musty smelling. There were a few creepy looking people hanging out in the hotel which would've made me not want to be there alone,

There are a couple restaurants in easy walking distance - a block at most.

However, the staff was very polite and helpful, the pool had a great waterslide and some spouting things (I would not call it a waterpark as they advertise, just a pool with some features) and the breakfast was pretty good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us at the Comfort Inn of Dickinson. I am sorry you felt your stay was not 100% satisfactory. We are very close to completing a remodel of the property all of our rooms have new furniture in them, and we are in the process of finishing a completely new bedding package. We have also just finished installing new tile in all the bathrooms and new granite vanities.

We take pride in offering a very competitive rate in the Dickinson market and the best service in the hospitality industry. We regret those occasions when we do not live up to our guests’ expectations as we always try to give our guests the comfort and security they deserve.

We value your business and appreciate your giving us this chance to address your concerns. We hope to see you again in the future to give us the opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Williston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

When I traveled recently to Dickinson for a business trip, I chose the Comfort Inn for my 2 night stay. I couldn't have made a better choice. First, it was very easy to locate and easily accesible from the highway. There is not a lot of room for parking in their own lot, however, there is a spacious parking lot just right across the street that is not inconvenient. From the moment I walked in the door, the staff made me feel welcome with warm and sincere greetings, quick and efficient check-in and also provided me with information about the Inn that I would find helful throughout my stay. When asked for suggestions on dining in the area, I was provided with several options, both within walking distance and with a short drive. A new restaurant in the area, Players, was definitely a favorite and highly recommended for both food and atmosphere. My room was clean and inviting and the bed was very comfortable. A microwave and refrigerator makes a multiple day stay so much more convenient, so I was pleased to see the room included these features. The same evening I checked in, the staff had placed some delicious appetizers in the dining area in the late afternoon consisting of cheese and crackers, fresh veggies and dip and even a crockpot with meatballs. What a nice surprise! In the morning, breakfast was hot and available at 6am with a different menu served each day of my stay. Fresh fruit, yogurts, cold boiled eggs, a variety of breads and a waffle iron ready to bake a deliciously hot waffles were available each morning. Hot foods varied between scrambled eggs, cheese omelettes and fried eggs with bacon, sausages or ham. Biscuits and gravy were also available each day as were fresh hot coffee, hot water for tea/cocoa and icy cold juices. The pool area was also a bonus; clean and well maintained. The water slide was a big hit with the young (and older) people staying at the Inn and although my room was quite close to the pool, I was not disturbed by the sounds of fun being had at the pool. The hot tub was wonderful to enjoy at the end of a day's travel. When the time came to check out, it couldn't have been easier with the bill slipped under the door on the last morning of the stay. Not only will I make this Comfort Inn my choice when returning to Dickinson, I would highly recommend to any visitors to the area.

Room Tip: I stayed on the first floor just down from the reception desk and pool and found it to be very quiet...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

DickinsonComfortInn, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you so much for the nice things you said about our hotel. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We cannot wait for you to visit us again.

Melissa
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We hadn't planned exactly where to stay, and ended up here fairly late in the evening on a road trip. Traveling with our 3 year old, we were looking for a pool and were pleased to find such a nice one. The room was fine, nothing too fancy but it was clean and did the job. Breakfast was great, and the pool was a big hit. Prices in the area are surprisingly high (we were guessing it was due to the oil work in the area?) so we knew we wouldn't find anything decent for less than $100 or so, and were fine paying what we did for our stay. Arrived late enough (after 7 p.m.) that the desk clerk was even able to offer a slightly lower rate than we'd found online.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
DickinsonComfortInn, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel with everyone. You are correct that the prices here are slightly higher due to the oil activity; however we feel that we are priced competitively for the market. I am so happy that your family enjoyed our water park and breakfast, and you are correct while our rooms are basic, we keep them very clean and well updated. I hope that your travels will bring you back to our hotel again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

My family and I stayed here for one night. We loved the pool area. The hot tub was amazing after driving all day. The service was very friendly. Breakfast was good. Our rooms were very clean. What more can you ask for?

• Stayed June 2013
DickinsonComfortInn, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words regarding our hotel. I have passed your comments onto our staff. I hope you choose to stay with is again during a future trip.

Melissa Johnson
Auburn, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This hotel was nice in every way, from the check-in person, to the room (very satisfactory!), to the breakfast (not super, but fine). But best of all was the waterpark! We were skeptical of a hotel water park, but thought a pool with a little slide might be fun. Ha! This had a great BIG curvy slide with water shooting down it (as well as littler slides and other fun things) in the beach-type pool,and big foam polka dots (which my older kids had loads of fun with) across the swimming pool. It was a big, bright, happy place. My husband as well as my 22, 16, 13, 11 and 8 year olds all had a terrific time, and I had fun watching them. Well done, Comfort Inn!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
DickinsonComfortInn, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Kind Regards,

Melissa Johnson
Comfort Inn, Dickinson ND

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!