“Very nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Dickinson
Fargo, North Dakota, United States
“Very nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This hotel was very clean and attractive. The rooms were nicely maintained. The breakfast choices was huge compared to most continental breakfast choices. Didn't bring the kids, but they have a huge pool area with water slide that is uncommon for Comfort Inn hotels.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
DickinsonComfortInn, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
We appreciate the nice things you had to say about our breakfast and the rest of our hotel. Just so you know we try to switch out our breakfast offerings so if you do spend an extended time with us you will find different options. We hope next time you come visit us you can bring the kids so they can enjoy our pool area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
West Fargo, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Had a great stay at the Comfort Inn last night, bed and pillows very comfortable, no noise, staff friendly, nice pool area, great breakfast! Only disappointment was no lounge :) Would stay there again, thanks for the great service!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the nice comments about our hotel. Hopefully the front desk staff pointed out that there are two lounges within a block from our hotel, so easy walking distance. We can't wait for you to stay again.
Parshall, North Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel. The beds were comfortable and the rooms average size. It was difficult to adjust the temperature in the room. It was either too hot or too cold. The same was true for the shower. The comp breakfast, however was larger than most.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
DickinsonComfortInn, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for your positive comments on our beds and breakfast. We are glad you enjoyed them. As far as the room temperature being hard to regulate, we have hot water heat here at our hotel so it is a constant heat but it is slow to respond to instant heat changes. We try to keep all our rooms at a comfortable temperature.
Midwest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Again we picked the Comfort Inn on our way to our ski week over New Years. The Dickinson Comfort Inn is one of the nicest looking that we have stayed in. Problem with Dickinson is the OIL BOOM so all the rooms are REALLY EXPENSIVE compared to Bismarck and Glendive but with the storm we were forced to stop. Luckily they had a room and the front desk (kid) gave us the family suite which was only slightly expensive than one room and that way we didn't need two separate rooms at double the charge (this MOM was VERY grateful) The pool is great for kids... (younger than mine mainly) but it was being worked on and they didn't have the water slides working but the kids found time in the hot tub and other pool. This is a hotel you could spend a couple nights in if you are in the area. Breakfast served 6am - 9am so there is no extra expense for food in the morning or wasted time feeding a hungry crew! LOVE the Comfort Inn's chain for these kind of overnights.

Room Tip: The family room is one room with 2 double beds and a little TV room with a pull out and separated fr...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
DickinsonComfortInn, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay here at the Dickinson Comfort Inn. We hope we will become an annual stop for you and your family. I am happy to report the waterslide issue that you experienced while you were here is now back up and running.
Dickinson, North Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

First off the rooms were ok, it was the customer service that baffled me. I had my wedding reception guests stay here. From the beginging there were issues with people being able to make reservations. I had to call three times to verify that there were rooms because my guests were told there were no more rooms but when I called there were many available. Then one of my guests had a problem because they were charging my Dad's credit card for her supposed no show. The front desk clerk was so rude to her and my Dad's credit card was charged fees. Another thing, the hotel across the street did not make us put a credit card down to block rooms. I have never heard of having to do this but we did. Then to top it off the front desk clerk and one of the manager's were bad mouthing my relative that was having issues with them and I over heard the entire conversation while I was sitting in the waiting room. They were talking really loud and trashing my family!!!! HOW RUDE!! I will never stay here again or suggest that anyone stays here. I thought about calling and complaining to the one of the head managers but with all the staffing issues here in Dickinson why bother. There aren't very many people to chose from right now and they have to take what they can get even if they are rude.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
DickinsonComfortInn, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We agree with you there were some items that most defiantly could have been handled better. We have used these items as training examples and hopefully we will never experiences these same issues again.
West Fargo, North Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This hotel is certainly adequate for the casual traveler. It is showing some wear from hunters and oil field workers, but still clean. The morning breakfast was very good compared to other hotels. Pool area looks fun for kids. I did not use it. Hotel cost are high in Dickinson, ND because of oil.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
DickinsonComfortInn, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for your comments about your most recent stay with us. We appreciate the nice things you had to say about our breakfast. You are correct that prices in western North Dakota have gone up, however I am positive if you research rates you will find that here at the Comfort Inn we offer one of the best values in town. We hope you will choose our hotel when you are in the area again.
Missoula, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I travel about 220 nights per year mostly for business but some for pleasure and I always enjoy staying in Dickinson ND at the Comfort Inn, the main reason is the STAFF !!!! Great people. Jeanine at the front desk is out standing and always goes the extra mile to make your reservations work and take care of any room problems that might arise. The other front desk staff is also great with several of the ladies recognizing you by name when you come to check in. Always friendly, always happy to help. Aditionally the staff that takes care of the breakfast buffet is always right there with new hot items, They do not over load the buffet and let things get cold or stale, it's always fresh.
Talk about service,here is another experiance I had here.
One day while staying there I took my car in for service at a local shop and instead of waiting hours there I called the hotel and they sent a maintenance man to pick me up and bring me back to the hotel. This made my day much more productive and I really apperciated the extra service.

For families there is a pool complex with kiddy fountains and such so i imagine for those with young kids this is a popular place also.

I see a lot of hotel rooms each year all around the country and even out of the country and i can tell you that the comfort inn may not be the fanciest place i stay but it is very comfortable, clean, and well maintained. Good free WiFi too.

Room Tip: Rooms are quite, no elevator though so get there early if you want a ground floor room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
DickinsonComfortInn, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
John –

Thank you so much for your amazing comments. It means so much to us when people like you take a few moments to let everyone else know about your experience here at the Comfort Inn. We look forward to your future stays with us.

Melissa Johnson
Dickinson Comfort Inn

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!