“Less than grand!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 17 hotels in Dickinson
Granite Falls, Minnesota
“Less than grand!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night while attending the Medora musical. Arrived at 2:15pm...check-in was at 3, so we didn't expect to get in our room then. We were told the room would be ready by 3 (normal check-in time). Understandable. We drove around town just to kill time. We came back at 3 and were told we wouldn't be able to get in our room for at least a half hour. After wondering how much more we would be brushed off, we went to Medora to visit the shops. We would have rather spent the time relaxing in the suite that cost us over $250.

We came back after the musical and had a half hour to use the hot tub. After a long day of driving, we were looking forward to it. The "hot" tub was freezing cold! Another disappointment. When we were kicked out of the pool area at 11pm, we noticed there were no towels available at the pool. Wow. Still not impressed.

The electronic keys needed to be swiped 5 or 6 times before entering a room in the hotel. Didn't bother to tell anyone. We were way too tired and beyond frustrated with our experience.

When we checked out the next morning, we told our story to the front desk and were offered a small discount off of our bill. Kudos to the front desk girl. SHAME ON YOU, management. While at this hotel, I noticed other patrons having various issues. This discount did not compenstate us for the horrible service.

This property has serious issues, specifically with customer service. I travel to this area every year and thought I would give this Wyndham property a chance. Big mistake. There are other hotels in the area I have stayed at in Dickinson that know how to please a customer. Next year I will be returning to the hotels I have stayed at before.

Thanks for nothing, Ramada Not-so-grand Lodge.

• Stayed June 2013
Elaine M, Manager at Ramada Grand Dakota Hotel Dickinson, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
I would like to first start of by apologizing due to your most recent experience here at our hotel; Furthermore, I do want you to know that this is not the norm of our hotel and we strongly.believe in 100% customer satisfaction and service. I would greatly appreciate if you can call me at your most recent convenient so we can further discuss your concerns and issues.

204 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a graduation, from friday night-monday morning. The first morning we woke up to find NO hot water. When my Grandfather went to the front desk he was treated with disrespect and was asked if he knew how to turn the hot water on. He felt insulted, I feel like this is age discrimination. The boiler was out and these things happen but the way it was handled was horrible. The hot water was out every morning we stayed. We were discounted a small fraction of our total bill. My aunts room ended up flooding due to a problem with the ice machine and NONE of the 5 ice machines were in working order. Also, both the hotel restaurant and lounge were closed with out notice all day Sunday, but it wasn't posted anywhere. The front desk person saw us knocking on the door and said nothing until I went and inquired why they were not open. Usually this is something you mention during booking or check in. I felt for 150/ night we would get some quality but sadly not at this location. And the pillows and very uncomfortable, all of us still have sore necks! I wouldn't recommend this location, everywhere had problems without warning but they were not handled very professional.

• Stayed May 2013
Elaine M, Manager at Ramada Grand Dakota Hotel Dickinson, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
I would like to start off by apologizing due to your most recent experience here at our hotel. Furthermore, I do want you to know that this is not the norm of our hotel and we strongly believe in 100% customer satisfaction and service.The Boiler did experience problems during the weekend in question however it could have been addressed better. As for the restraurant that has been addressed and I appreciate you bring it to our attention. Once again, I apologize for your most recent stay here at the hotel
Great Falls, Montana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

This particular Ramada exceeded our expectations based on previous experiences with Ramadas in California. I thought it would just be a pricey two-star, but we were pleasantly surprised. The room we received was so worth the money! It was more than the standard two doubles; we got a hide-a-bed, a leather rocking recliner, a lounge chair, and a fireplace. There was plenty of room for our family of five to actually spend time together when we weren't sleeping. And the beds were so comfortable. The indoor pool was not huge but still clean and warm. The lobby was classy and welcoming. No continental breakfast, but I was so happy for the comfortable space, I didn't notice. Only one gal at the front desk seemed to be responsible for everything (pool towels replenished, extra blankets needed, and check-in), so service was slow.

Room Tip: Odd configuration has u-shape around indoor pool, so the inside of the "U" gets no natural...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Elaine M, General Manager at Ramada Grand Dakota Hotel Dickinson, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Janet, I'm very glad to hear that you were pleased with your recent stay with us. It is always wonderful to hear a guest speaking highly of our hotel.

Been to Ramada Grand Dakota Hotel Dickinson? Share your experiences!