“Ew” 1 of 5 stars

1001 Hwy 2 E, Devils Lake, ND 58301-4029   |
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Devils Lake
“Ew”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

As soon as I pulled up to this hotel I knew I was in for an interesting weekend. The hotel itself was uninviting. Being a house keeper in the past for a hotel back home I knew what to expect and what to look for in the rooms. But these house keepers didn't even try to hide their laziness. The floors were dirty. The air vent was very very old and I'm sure hadn't been cleaned out in years. Being that it was full of dust. I see someone poasted a picture of it. There was hair in the shower. All throughout the night my sheets wouldn't stay on the bed. So I ended up sleeping on the bait mattress most of the night. When I woke up I noticed the mattress was stained with a huge brown puke stain. My sister said the same about her room. The pool looks scarey. Needs to be painted. Looks like that's where they would film the next Halloween movie. Breakfast was bad. Nothing much good to be said. Over priced for what you get.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
DAYTON
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

This motel is a poor representation of the Super 8 experience. The staff/owner wasn't friendly, didn't smile at all. The carpet in the room was dirty. The floor in the bathroom had new linoleum, but there were holes in the walls. The AC worked but the unit was old and noisy. The location was convenient.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Travelers are raving about these Devils Lake hotels

Superior, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

I would never stay here again. This hotel gives a bad name to other Super 8's. The rooms were dirty, except the sheets were clean. The pool was so nasty, the water was brown. The entire hotel smelled nasty. And they wouldn't give me my rewards points because I didn't have my number with me. Will never stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

Sure, they have old 80's era window units, but no air comes out! Room never got Below 89, it was cooler outside. Switched rooms, same thing. All units are old and the coils are clogged so no air can come out, causing the units to freeze up and only run for a few minutes, then only run fan till they defrost. Managers speak very little english and hotel reak's of Currie!

• Stayed August 2012
Logan, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Super 8 means Super FILTHY. No shower curtain, you had to wear your shoes in the room for fear of who knows what. Cigarette burns on the carpet. Why didn't they just put two beds out in the parking lot, it probably would have been nicer. Never again will I stay at a Super 8. NEVER!!! If I was at headquarters I would literally shut that place down in a heartbeat. In fact I intend to call the company. They charged us double. We are non-smokers and, because we had a dog they said you have to sleep in a smoking room. Our dog is a miniature schnauzer in a kennel. Come on 160.00 a night when you told me 85.00. What's up with this charging my bank account. RIP OFF!!!!!! If you don't believe me stay there yourself. The stinch is horrendous. You ask then why did you stay? it would be safer to rest than to risk others life's. We were tired as it was11 at night. We checked out at 6 and got the heck out of there. Please by-pass this place. You will regret ever staying there. If I had it do over again I would have taken pics, but I didn't think there would be a place for it so I opted not to. Now that I see there is a place for it oh how I wish I would of. You would not believe this dumping grounds.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Owner has done some work to bring the property up in value. Bathroom floor was recently retiled. Really looks good and cleans up the room. Carpeting is starting to show wear especially where it is joined in a room or hallway. The pillows on the beds certainly could be replaced now, getting pretty flat to lie on. Alarm clock needs to be replaced. Digital display not working properly. Could not tell whether it was 5 o'clock, 6 o'clock or 7 o'clock had to reply on the television.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Super 8 Devils Lake? Share your experiences!