“Unclean Hotel.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Bottineau

Super 8 Bottineau
You added Super 8 Bottineau to your Saves list
Super 8 Bottineau
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1007 11th Street East, Hwy 5 East of Bottineau, Bottineau, ND 58318   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Bottineau
Dickinson, North Dakota
“Unclean Hotel.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

When we got there the front desk lady was smoking out the front door and threw her cigarette butt on the ground. Got a smoking room. My preference was a non-smoking since we have a family. Got into the smoking room and it stunk. Checked the front desk and no other rooms were available. Brought our own Lysol wipes to wipe down the room. Wiped hair out of the tub. Wiped down the only chair and the lysol wipe was black. The carpet had this greasy film on it which I am assuming is from smoking. The lobby carpet and hallway all had stains. Breakfast was horrible. The waffles were sour. Old batter. The coffee was the worst smell I have smelled and had the most horrible taste. The donuts were also at least 2 days old. No one maintaining the breakfast area. I ended up not eating. There is another local hotel in Bottineau that I would try for the next time or there are a few hotels at Lake Metigoshe which is only about 10 miles away. I would probably say this is one of my worst stays. I forgot the fridge did not work nor the alarm clock.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Sioux Falls
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Just a piece of advice - be 1000% sure your reservation is in perfect order before you show up. If there are any issues, don't expect any sympathy from the staff, rather, expect the on-site manager to read you the riot act. >.<

Otherwise, the place was pretty decent.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Meadview, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

We stayed here for 6 nights in July 2011. I was surprised to read the negative reviews. This is your basic Super 8. We found it to be clean and quite. The staff was very friendly. The bakery products for breakfast are from the local bakery and are better than your average free hotel breakfast. Bottom line we will be staying there again for 10 days in July 2012.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Calgary, Alberta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

the cons: First I found an opened insulin needle in my bed. Toilet looked like it had not been cleaned for weeks. Pretty sure sheets were not changed. Brown stains on towels. Long dark hair at eye level on tub surround. Shampoo bottle on floor behind toilet. About 6 months of dust on fridge. A stain on the pillowcase along with hair that looked suspiciously like someone had used pillowcase for toilet paper and a bad smell permeated the room.
The pros: very apologetic front desk person. Best waffles ever.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Upland, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

This hotel is very basic, just as most Super 8's tend to be. It is not new by any means, but it is in good repair and is clean. I guess that is about all you can ask. Especially, since hotels in this area of North Dakota are either non-existent, or are very pricey. I did have a little problem when I checked in. I was checking in and the Indian lady that was checking me in, said that I had been booked for a smoking room. I specifically double checked to make sure that I was reserving a non-smoking room when I made the reservation on-line, but somehow it had showed up as a smoking room to her. I checked the room smoking room that I was booked in and to be fair, it wasn't that bad for a smoking room, but you could definitely smell the smoke. I contemplated leaving and possibly driving a long, long way to find a hotel with an opening, but she said that she could switch my reservation with a regular that they had that was coming in later. I was grateful for that gesture. I checked my reservation confirmation, which I always print, being a business traveler, and it had a non-smoking sign on it near the picture of the hotel to the right of the price. The weird thing was that if you read the text it said that I was booked in a smoking room. So I needed to check closely to see that I was booking a smoking room and not just look at the little icon. So we were both right, and it was just an error in making the webpage. Other that than this was a good little hotel and a nice stay and I can say nothing really negative about it.

Room Tip: There is no elevator for the second floor rooms.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Peabody, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

As far as Super 8 properties go, this is one of the nicer ones. Located directly on ND5 directly across a 24 hour Walmart, this is a quick, clean and comfortable place to spend a night. Although the property is relatively new, it has apparently just had a management change, a fact that was mentioned to me by several of the "locals" that I spoke with. I get the impression that the place may have had a troubled history.

The desk staff was very polite and courteous at both check-in and check out. The only complaint that I had with the property was that their wi-fi was awful.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Chillicothe, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2008

We stayed at the Super 8 Bottineau on Sep. 30, 2008. Our room was clean and satisfactory. The motel is well located with a Walmart across the street and a couple of restaurants nearby. The breakfast was satisfactory.

• Liked — The property was clean and conveniently located.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Super 8 Bottineau? Share your experiences!