“avoid the street side” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 31 Hotels in Bismarck
Holland, MI
“avoid the street side”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I was placed here by the business I was working for. I asked for a quiet room and got one facing the busy street! First, ask for a room far from the very busy street. You will hear every bad car muffler as you are trying to sleep. The room is nice enough. Wifi works well. Lighting is dim and awkward. I hope I can get back to sleep! Also, I got here in the mid-afternoon hoping to swim and soak, but the pool and hot tub are out of order.

Room Tip: Away from the highway.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dawn K, Regional Director at Kelly Inn Bismarck, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
I would like to thank you for your review and feedback on our property. We always take our guest's concerns seriously and try to learn from them. We have recently taken down the wall vinyl in all of our first floor rooms and painted, which should help with some of the lighting issues. We have also done some renovating and repairs to our pool area and I am sorry the pool and hot tub were closed during your stay. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future and enjoy some of the changes we have made.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Fargo, North Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

walls are paper thin, doors do not open and stick, drunk party in hall for 1/2 hour due to door, progressed into next room and drove us out by 1:30
No help from front desk or security, lame excuse that they were not aware of the noise. Odd that they did admit to helping the group with the stuck door.

Management contacted next day promised compensation on the room, yet billed us full price.
Never stay here the service and noise are terrible.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
ND
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

We stayed here because of the price, and it was fine. Our room was clean and quiet, we had no problems. Our faucet in the bathroom was due to be replaced but did not bother us. The heater easily cooked our room, we had to turn it off and crack the window. The bed was soft and comfortable, but only a full....it would have been nicer to be bigger but the room was small. The internet worked fine in our room. For the price, and for the little time we were in our we would definitely stay again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us in Bismarck and for your comments. Since your stay, we have been busy working on improvements at the hotel. We've recently taken down wall vinyl and painted and textured the walls in 50% of our guest rooms as well as doing some painting and updating to our pool area. In 2013 we replaced all of the beds in the hotel with new upgraded Simmons pillow top mattresses. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Bismarck!
Savage, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

My husband and I, along with our dog, stayed here as we passed through on a road trip. We chose this hotel because they had a bar & it was New Year's Eve. The room was clean, the rate reasonable, the bed comfortable. The only disappointment was that the bar closed before 11:00 pm. The guy at the front desk didn't have any suggestions for us as to where we could celebrate NYE nearby. On the plus side, the dark shade allowed us to sleep in until 9 am.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We went to Bismarck the 9th of September for a tow truck meeting and this is we we stayed and also where the meeting was . Hotel was clean friendly and the restaurant and good food very nice and friendly staff and was in a very convenient spot very nice clean room and nice pool and fitness center thank you and we will be staying again next time we r up that way !!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Jacob K, General Manager at Kelly Inn Bismarck, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank You so much for your review. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you enjoyed your show that you went to as well. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Jamestown, North Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I would pass on this hotel. Although the bed was comfortable, the service was awful! I was there for a conference and the hotel rooms were hot. I tried turning on the air but nothing came out but cold air. I found out many people in my group encountered the same thing that night. One person even called down about it and the front desk person stated, " We shut the air off to save money." I had to sleep with the window open even though I was on the bottom floor. Also, when I notified the front desk that my bill was wrong, he replied, "Well you aren't paying for it." I kindly told him to fix it and he did. It was reasonable but I would gladly pay a little extra to not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
I am very sorry to hear that your stay was less then perfect, I apologize how your situation was handled and assure you that I have addressed this with my front desk staff. I would like to explain however that the Air Conditioning has been been turned off for the season, however not to save money but because we run the heat for the building through our boiler system. When this is turned on for the winter season the Air Conditioning does not work. I truly hope that you will decide to give us another shot at making your stay a pleasant one.

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

My son and I stayed one night while attending a wedding reception held at the hotel. The rooms were very clean, the beds were comfortable and the housekeeping staff went out of their way to make sure our rooms were available and ready before having to be at the church. I am a very light sleeper and was surprised to find the room next door occupied since I heard nothing during the night except for the normal running water sounds of a hotel. The reception staff, Michelanne, Brandon and Caroline were always ready for our requests and helped to make the night a fun and enjoyable event.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Jacob K, General Manager at Kelly Inn Bismarck, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank You for your recent stay with us, we are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I appreciate your comments and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Jacob Kolander

Been to Kelly Inn Bismarck? Share your experiences!