“would stay again” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 29 hotels in Bismarck
Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
“would stay again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

My son and I stayed one night while attending a wedding reception held at the hotel. The rooms were very clean, the beds were comfortable and the housekeeping staff went out of their way to make sure our rooms were available and ready before having to be at the church. I am a very light sleeper and was surprised to find the room next door occupied since I heard nothing during the night except for the normal running water sounds of a hotel. The reception staff, Michelanne, Brandon and Caroline were always ready for our requests and helped to make the night a fun and enjoyable event.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Jacob K, General Manager at Kelly Inn Bismarck, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank You for your recent stay with us, we are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I appreciate your comments and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

47 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

stayed only for 1 night with my son on our way to California ..it was a nice room for $109 a night ...staff were also very nice there ... I would stay here again as we had no problems ..the beds were comfy had a very nice sleep :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jacob K, General Manager at Kelly Inn Bismarck, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank You for staying with us and for your review of your stay. We are happy to hear that we provided you with great service and product and look forward to you staying with us again in the future.
Kind Regards
Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Believe what others hava said about thin walls. I thought for one night it wouldn't be so bad. I woke up so many times through the night because of loud people. I was exhausted next morning. The walls were so thin that we could hear every detail of our neighbours' amorous evening and had to leave the TV on an extra hour to drown it out. Then at 6 am, I heard someone (pretty sure they were outside and we were on the SECOND FLOOR) having a phone conversation. That and the general vehicle noise was endless. The rooms seem to have been partly redone, but still haven't seen newer doors or dressers - hopefully that was the slight musty smell in the room. We also waited for about 5 minutes at the front desk before anybody came out of the back office to help us. Also, there is no breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Anoka, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed here on he way to a destination wedding. I must say they do a great job of keeping the rooms very nice. Beds were very comfy, and the rooms were nice sized as well. I must admit I was a bit disappointed at the service at the front desk though.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank You for staying with us! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that you will return again when traveling in this area again.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I only stayed here one night as this was my first stop to Montana from Minnesota. I reserved a room with one bed since I was the only one in my room...room was very small. My sisters had reserved rooms with 2 beds, so their rooms were much larger.

The hotel is fine for one night...but not for much more than that. I'm sure there are nicer hotels in the area, but it was one of the more reasonable priced hotels, I think I paid $86.00 per night on a 7 day advance purchase.

Again, nothing fancy, but served it's purpose...the staff were very nice...check-in and check-out went smooth.

Would probably try a nicer hotel in the area the next time!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Fergus Falls, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This hotel is very conveniently located near the freeway and many restaurants and shops. It is on a busy road so there was quite a bit of noise from that, but we were always so tired after our busy days we didn't notice it too much. I don't feel the rate was really "reasonable" for what we received....2 double beds vs. queen beds, no continental breakfast, housekeeping service did not follow our preferences as indicated on the door hanger (just wanted new towels and trash emptied - that didn't happen). The pool area was very nice with an outside patio, too. There was a big event in town and we were limited on places with availability. We will choose something different next time!

Room Tip: A room on the west side would have been much quieter.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review regarding your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay, During your stay was in fact a busy time for Bismarck, however I hope that you would give us a try again in your future travels to Bismarck.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Terrible, DO NOT STAY HERE. You would be better served to stay in a room made of paper mache. They should tear this facility down and start over. Every single door slam, cough, pin drop can be heard.... Got no rest. Worst experience EVER. The clientele certainly had zero decorum... Why would anyone be courteous right?

• Stayed June 2013
Jacob K, General Manager at Kelly Inn Bismarck, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
I am very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. This particular weekend in Bismarck is a very busy one with the McQuade Softball tournaments going on. We do our best to ensure that everything is quite throughout our building however there are those rare circumstances when we don't always catch the culprits of the noise. I do hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future.

Jacob Kolander

Been to Kelly Inn Bismarck? Share your experiences!