“Awesome Water Park” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   800 S. Third Street, Bismarck, ND 58504-5728 (Formerly Radisson Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #27 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
Millstadt
“Awesome Water Park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

North Dakota is famous for its very cold and long winters. By staying at this hotel you can enjoy a wonderful indoor water park that has a 150' slide, two smaller slides and a kiddie slide (the tongue on the frog is the slide). The kids loved it. Decor somewhat outdated. The staff were very friendly and rooms very clean and large. We wanted adjoining rooms and they were happy to oblige. We were there in July and were able to watch the fireworks at the capitol from our room even though its a distance away. There is a large mall right across the street that has all the regular stores and some specialty shops. Would stay there again

Room Tip: If you don't like noise don't get a room that faces the indoor water park. Our room was on...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Minneapolis, MN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I had to stay at this hotel for a conference that I was attending. The room was utterly disgusting. Dust everywhere, fruit flies swarming, a black/mildewy tub and an extremely noisy heat (sounded like it was being hammered-all night long). Not only was all of this gross, but the wireless kept crashing. When I called the front desk to inquire if there was something wrong with it, I was told that I needed to call their IT department. Which I had to do 3 separate occasions. I gave up after this and decided that the hassel of calling just wasn't worth it. The IT lady indicated that it was probably because I was on the 2nd floor and that my room was near the end of the hall. When I complained, the IT lady said that she would send a message to the hotel manager to discuss my complaints and that she would call the next morning. Nope, no call. Oh-and did I mention the exercise room? Very outdated equipment that hasn't been cleaned, probably since the 80's. Stained and also dusty. Next time I'm in Bismarck, I won't be staying there.

Room Tip: No tips, just don't go to this hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed on business for three days. First night I was too tired to notice how dirty the floor in my room was, like it had been used for a party or something. I mean Really noticeable. If I noticed housekeeping certainly should have. The tv screen was dirty, like they had tried to clean it but with a not so clean cloth. There were hand prints all over the microwave. It was quiet, though and the bed was comfortable. Overall however, a very forgettable place.

Room Tip: Don't take a room near the convention area
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
SK Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Nice enough place to stay. I was there on a Friday and Saturday night. Each night there was a wedding, our room was close to the ballroom, and pretty noisy. Seemed expensive to me for what I needed. Didn't use the pool or waterslide. Was just in Bismarck to do some shopping.

Is located across the street to the mall.

Room was clean, however the toilet could have used an extra wipe down before we got there.

• Stayed October 2012
Omaha, Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Have stayed here several times but rethinking due to last visit. Always alittle dated on the outside and inside. For families the pool is nice and the restruant menu is varied. However my last staff changed my mind, I'm now determined to find another place.

First the lamp by the bed was broken- literally and there was a used band aid by the bed. The shower head was loose with water spraying out above the shower curtain soaking the floor and carpet. I approach the desk and reported the problems which I found were taken care of the next evening. However I noticed that the sink had not been cleaned. When checking out the service desk person didn't seemed bothered that the sink was not cleaned, not apolozing. Geez. I know this is a boom town but will make more of an effort to find ANOTHER place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Excellent overall property. Rooms are very spacious and beds are comfortable. The hotel staff is very friendly and accomodating. The pool is awesome. the hotel is in a great location and close to the mall and a number of eateries. Will definately recommend and stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Our family including 2 little boys, stayed here for 1 night in early August 2012. Our room was spacious and clean. The service was good, but not outstanding. Our kids loved the waterpark pool area with the various slides. The temperature of the pool was perfect. The location was convenient near to shopping and a starbucks. We would stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel? Share your experiences!