“Average night at an average hotel.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Try our Business Package
Ranked #19 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
Mandan, North Dakota
“Average night at an average hotel.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We took the kids here as a treat. Chose it because of the pool and slide. Check in was quick, but front desk staff acted as if they just wanted you to check in and get out of their hair as quickly as possible. Pool was clean, and had stocked towels. Slide was the favorite! Our room was an average suite with the basics such as fridge, sofa, tv-but we did not feel it was worth the $130/weeknight rate. The breakfast in the morning was good and included waffles, eggs, bacon, muffins, coffee and juice. Overall, we felt the hotel was pleasant but was not worth the $130-more like a $89-$100 range. If you have kids and plan on swimming a lot, then this is a great hotel for your family. If you are looking just for a place to stay it serves those needs but you can find a cheaper alternative.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars

Manitoba, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Firstly, the waterpark is probably the best in Bismarck. It's bright and cheerful and the water is the perfect temperature. The breakfast was excellent. Staff super friendly. As for the rooms.... they are fine. Could use some updating and fixing, but they're still very clean and modern. Some people have complained about the noise. The hotel was super quiet during our stay. I would suggest that if you don't want noise, don't stay on a super busy weekend. But really, thats the case with almost every hotel with a water park. So I don't think you can fault the hotel for that one. Overall, my family had a great stay and I would reccomend this hotel.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Great Falls, Montana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night here on a cross country road trip. The gal was friendly and helpful at check in. The kids did enjoy the water park/pool. The one, HUGE DRAWBACK was the noise at night! What we needed was a good night's rest. What we got were outrageously loud and inconsiderate neighbors who stayed up all night. I called the desk at 11:30 and asked them to do something. The front desk people didn't even ask what room- I had the feeling they already knew. Which made me wonder why I had to lie sleepless, why they weren't pro active in dealing with the outrageous noise across the hall. It got quieter for awhile but all night every time they opened their door, all the noise spilled out.
We are making the reverse trip next week and definitely won't stay here (ever) again!

• Stayed June 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars
CarlsonRezidor, online customer support at Country Suites By Carlson, Bismarck, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. We understand how important a quiet environment is and apologize for your noisy neighbors. Your feedback helps us prevent situations such as this in the future. We hope you will give us another chance if you are in the area again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We stopped her in the middle of our move. It was a great place for my kids to have fun. They loved the water park. The staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was on the first floor and surprising it was very quiet. The hotel was clean. The breakfast was decent. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Gillette, Wyoming
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Our room was dirty and old. Needs updating. The A/C unit did not have a cover on it. It was dusty and very dirty. The phone looked like it had not been wiped off for 2 years. We paid $150 a night. For that price we could stay at a nicer hotel. Our entire room would shake when they were running the industrial washing machines. And it was 3 or 4 times a day. Including 11pm when we were trying to sleep. The front desk laughed when I called to ask about the shaking. I was told they were washing pool towels. Apparently this was funny to them at 11pm?? The breakfast attendant was very rude and she was especially rude to my children. Make sure you count all of the bathroom towels they put in your room because they count them too and if any of them are missing they charge you for them. The only reason we stayed at this hotel is because my son's baseball team chose this hotel. We will never stay at this hotel again. The nightly rate is way too expensive. I'm sure the draw to this hotel is the small indoor waterpark but for $150 a night it's not worth it.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank wyomom24
Fort Benning, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I chose this hotel because it was one with an indoor water park for my kids. We needed a break in the process of moving from Georgia to North Dakota. The hotel was very clean and had a warming welcome. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. We went on a week day so there were only a few people in the pool area. My kids loved the huge water slide but more importantly, they loved the hot tub. The pool was WELL chlorinated. My eyes burned just walking in there. Our room was nice too. We upgraded to the king suite with the bedroom separate. We had a family member come stay and my husband and I walked to Olive Garden that is next door. The beds were comfortable and clean. My kids enjoyed sleeping on the pull out sofa bed. The 2 TVs were a nice addition. I will be returning and recommending Country Suites to anyone who wants to stay in Bismarck. Oh I forgot to add that the complimentary breakfast was AMAZING. My husband brought me country sausage and biscuits. YUM.

Room Tip: The upgraded room with a king and sleeper sofa is nice. You can close off your bedroom door if you...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
lilboss, Director of Sales at Country Suites By Carlson, Bismarck, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. We appreciate all the wonderful things you had to say. We are glad you and your family enjoyed the breakfast. We would love to see you again soon.
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We arrived at this hotel the evening of Sept 25th with our Canadian tour group of 52. Our room was clean and well taken care of. The staff at this facility are great. And none better than a woman by the name of Joyce who treated us royally that evening and also the next morning during our breakfast. If all employees at various hotels were like her, this world would be a much better place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank klepper-geocaching
Biskcountry, Director of Sales at Country Suites By Carlson, Bismarck, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you so much for writing this trip advisor review. I am glad you had a great stay with us on your tour. We are delighted to hear that Joyice had such a positive impact on your stay. We will make sure that we let her know. Thank you again for such a glowing review.

Rebecca