“Adequate” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
Dallas
“Adequate”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

The price was right. I am not overly excited about my stay, but I am not disappointed either. The staff was really nice. My room was clean. And, the WiFi was free and relatively fast for a hotel like this. The halls of the hotel are a little gloomy and dark. It is easy to get lost. But, I always eventually found my way. There is a pool and a room to exercise. The business center is really nothing more than a computer in the corner, but it is nice to know it is there if you need it. I have stayed at much nicer hotels for the same price, but I really do not have much to complain about. I was comfortable and cared for, but nothing above what I would expect from any hotel.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Aurora, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Stayed one night and the hotel needs a major update in decor and is not business friendly. Hallways are very small and rooms are old and dated. It is also oddly configured and the only elevators are on the back end of the property.

Room Tip: If you are a business traveler find another hotel in the area
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Lethbridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Stayed in a Queen Suite which was very clean microwave, fridge and coffee maker. Very quiet being in the back (our preference always). Good breakfast area and assortment to start the day. Location was also very good.

Room Tip: Stay in a room at the back if you want to be quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Bismarck, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

We had an excellent stay at the Comfort Inn, in Bismarck ND. The customer service was outstanding, the rooms were comfortable and clean and quiet. We did utilize one of the meeting rooms, in which it was very clean, water and coffee were consistently refreshed by the staff of the comfort Inn. For Breakfast, there was something there for everyone. For individuals on diets, and not on diets. I would recommend this hotel to everyone, for the pool area is always enjoyed by my children, enjoyed by all. Thank you for the memorable stay.

And lastly I would like to thank everyone at the Comfort Inn for all the support they have given the military, they have gone above and beyond to welcome any and all military service personal to their property. Thank you very much for everything!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Deidre E, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you for taking time to place a review for your stay at Comfort Inn in Bismarck, ND. I appreciate your feedback and so happy you enjoyed your stay with outstanding customer service. I also am pleased to hear you enjoyed the Deluxe Hot Complimentary Breakfast.
Here at the Comfort Inn, we do support and welcome all military and will continue to do so.
Thank you again, we appreciate your business and hope to see you again very soon.

Best Regards,
Director of Sales
Linton, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

I was shocked to read the reviews of the comfort Inn. I think this is a great hotel. My stays are normally 4 days and I am amazed at all the cleaning that goes on behind the scenes. There are always rooms getting a complete cleaning. The furniture is removed and there are several staff members in the room doing cleaning. The continental breakfast is awesome, waffles, toast, muffins, bagels, donuts, eggs, bacon, yogurt, fruit, cereal, juices, ect . . . . . I don't know what people expect . . . . . . I enjoy the free drink ticket for the lounge. The lounge has free snacks and a great menu of appetizers.

This is a nice quiet friendly hotel - its not the Ritz, if that's what your looking for perhaps you need to stay home. The Comfort in has a good heating and air system, a nice pool area, the rooms are in good condition, you don't have to worry about leaky faucets, peeling wall paper ect. It might not be fancy but its a great hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Deidre E, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
I am so pleased to see your review of your stay at Comfort Inn Bismarck. Thank you for taking time to do so. We do appreciate your feedback and your loyalty as a returning guest of the hotel. It is very nice to hear that you enjoy your stay with us. We strive for cleanliness in all areas of the hotel, with deep cleaning and upgrades being an ongoing process. You mentioned our Free Deluxe Hot Breakfast, and the Complimentary Drink Ticket to the Comfort Inn Lounge, I am so happy you enjoyed both plus the free appetizers as well which are placed for all lounge guests during happy hour.
Thank you again for staying with us and your review. We hope to see you back very soon to the Comfort Inn Bismarck.

Director of Sales
Valley City, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

The room was comfortable, clean, service was excellent. I had a problem with the tv in the room, and the maintenance person came quickly and handled the problem immediately, and professionally.
The only problem I experienced was on Feb. 13th, which was check out day, since check out time was indicated as being noon, I did not check out until around 10:30 a.m. I returned to my room first to get my belongings, and my key did not work so I had to go down to the main desk to get my key reactivated. Since I had not checked out yet, I do not feel that my key should have been deactivated.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Deidre E, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you for taking time to write a review about your stay at Comfort Inn. I am pleased to see that your room was clean, experienced excellent service and the Maintenance staff was helpful to get the promblem with your TV taken care of promptly. I do apologize about the issue with your key on departure day, deactivation of the keys sometimes does happen internally. I can assure you it was not done intentionally and I hope you accept my apology for the inconvenience it caused you. Thank you again for choosing Comfort Inn. I do hope you return to us in the near future for your lodging needs in the area.
Have a Legendary Day!
Best Regards,
Missoula, Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

The hotel could use a little updating, but is in good shape and is clean. The hot water was more luke-warm, but that's no big deal to me. The staff was incredibly helpful, and the breakfast bar was slightly above average. My only complaint is that the hotel floor plan is incredibly confusing. People staying here should bring a GPS to find room, front desk and breakfast area. This is no fault of anyone who works here or even the owner probably. Overall, I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business