“Solid and convenient” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
Peoria, Illinois
“Solid and convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Clean rooms. Close to I-94.
Warm breakfast with scrambled eggs and bacon.
Oatmeal was packets rather than already made; disappointment.
Exercise room has three treadmills and an elliptical.
Pool is okay for exercising, but not a lap pool.
Solid, close to the highway. Good breakfast.
Good value.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
ND
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We stayed here recently and were let down by several things. First the good, everyone was friendly, check in was easy and quick. The room was large, had a fridge, microwave, good tv and was clean. The breakfast looked good and fresh with lots of op options, we were in a hurry so we did not eat.
We found the bed to be too hard for us, the walls were thin so we could hear traffic all night from the main road right next door. Also we were woken up pretty early to feet stomping in the room above us, it just sounded like a small kid but the noise came through into our room loud and clear. It is no fault of the employees but we won't be staying again just because of the amount of noise coming through into the room.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Bismarck North, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Highmarked,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Bismarck North. I'm pleased that you enjoyed our friendly staff, large rooms and easy check in. Please accept my apologies for any noise that disturbed your stay. On future visits we'd be glad to place you on the top floor to better suit your needs. Please allow us another opportunity to change your mind on your next visit to the area.

Tampa, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Stayed at the Fairfield two night. Ethan checked us in and seemed genuinely welcoming. I mentioned that I had gotten lost looking for a particular attraction and he offered to print up directions for my next attempt to find the place. True to his word Ethan got the directions to me.
At breakfast the next morning the lady working the breakfast area was very personable and made sure all the guest had what they needed.
Our room was comfortable and clean and the location was near restaurants and stores. The Mall nearby though is practically a ghost town but there is another mall a short distance away should you desire a little more shopping. A kmart is nearby too if you forgot any essentials.

Room Tip: The elevator is small and slow and it is also located right next to a guest room, so be sure to ask...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Shakopee, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a business trip to Bismarck area. Recently updated. Room was clean, modern. Internet fast. Bathrooms spotless (no hair~!). Beds comfortable, multiple pillows to choose from. Stayed on the top floor, very quiet.

Room Tip: I prefer top floor rooms so I don't hear foot steps above me in the middle of the night~!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Overall, this hotel is fine for a one night stay. The only reason I stayed at this hotel was because all of the Hilton owned properties were a bit too expensive for my road trip in this city. I haven't had the greatest luck with Marriott owned properties so I was a bit hesitant.

The staff is civil, but you get the standoffish vibe. There is definitely no genuine friendliness.

The breakfast was fine and filling.

My main gripe was with the Wi-Fi. It was absolutely terrible and I eventually gave up trying to connect online. I suppose I could've paid for premium Wi-Fi, but I personally believe that the basic free Wi-Fi should at least allow you to access regular, non-streaming websites, even if they do load slowly.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Bismarck North, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Brneyedgrl80,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with the Fairfield Inn & Suites Bismarck North. It is our goal to impress every one of our guests, and I'm very sorry that we did not succeed. I will address your comments with my staff to assure future guests do not feel the same way you did. Also, please accept my apologies for any problems you had with our complimentary Wi-Fi. I will be looking into that as well. I do hope that if you find yourself back in Bismarck, you will allow us another opportunity to change your mind.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

I was a guest at Fiarfield for three weeks and found the staff and accommodations excellent. Breakfast was always good. The location wasconvenioent to my work assignment. I felt the staff went out of their way to accomodate my needs. They were courteous, friendly and knew their jobs. I would stay there again..

Norm

Room Tip: Some rooms have refrigw3rators and microwaves, others may not. For an extended stay, ask for tose fe...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Meriden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I stayed for 4 nights for business. Location is great, right in the middle of everything. I was told to suggest the 2nd or 3rd floor because the main level smells like the pool. My company booked my stay online so when I got to the hotel and requested to be moved to an upper floor I was told I could not because my reservation was booked online (pay attention to that). Lucky for me I did not notice the pool smell in my room which was right down the hall. The rug in my room had been cleaned that day and the room was very humid and moist. I would suggest in the future they don't book a room right after the rug has been cleaned (give it 24 hours). Positives: very clean, nice staff, quiet at night, decent breakfast options and nice gym. Negatives: VERY NOISY in the early morning hours, you can hear the dumpster outside as well as the staff in the hallways as early as 5:00 a.m every morning. Didn't bother me because I was there for work and had to get up anyway, but had I been on vacation, I would have been extremely upset.

All in all I would stay here again for a business trip.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Bismarck North, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Kyle M,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Bismarck North. I'm happy to hear you found our hotel to be clean, and my staff and gym were nice. I do apologize for any noise that disturbed you, and will make sure to discuss this with my staff. I hope that if your business brings you back to the area, you will once again be our guest.

Tammi W.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Bismarck North? Share your experiences!