“wont stay at this location again” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Yanceyville
Jacksonville
“wont stay at this location again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Rude staff
Tub was not clean hair in it
Checked out at 0800 the cleark rolled out of bed and grunted at us
juice had coffee grounds in it.
mold in heating/ac unit fringe had crumbs in it

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Danville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We go to Chapel atleast twice every month for health reason. But, last night 21 st Jan.
with a lot of check ups we got late in Chapel Hill, had diner and headed home to Danville.
But, because of the long day we were very very tired, we saw the Days Inn in Yanceyville, decided to stay there. Best decision we made, not only the Manager was friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean, smelled good, the shower had a strong flow that I like and the beds were comfortable. Next time we want to get away and enjoy a restful night we will go to the Days Inn in Yancyville.

Room Tip: need a peaceful night and a good rest stay here
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Chesapeake, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My mother, aunt, two cats and I stayed at this motel four nights to get away from the effects of Hurricane Sandy. The exterior is definitely in need of renovation. The room, two queen beds, non-smoking, was nowhere near as clean as it should have been. The first thing we did when we got unpacked was to clean.

The service at this motel was the biggest issue during our stay. When we arrived, we were tired strangers to the area. We called the front desk to ask if there was a pizza delivery place in the area, and were told no. They did not bother to mention that there was an Italian/pizza restaurant two doors down where we could get a pizza to go. The "continental breakfast" was more of a suggestion than a reality; milk, dry cereal and some granola bars was about the extent of it. Due to our cats, we kept a "Do Not Disturb" sign on our door, so that housekeeping would not try to enter. One day we are told, just bring your used towels to the front desk, and we will give you clean ones, and the next we are being told that we will not get any clean towels because we refused to have housekeeping come in.

There is nothing in Yanceyville, not even good cell phone reception. Of the three cell phones, on three different carriers, only one of the phones got any reception. Even the Wi-Fi connection was a joke; you got a better connection with the Internet cafe down the street than you did to the motel's router.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Yanceyville hotels

Concord, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

This hotel is in need of updating and a "good bath"! The room and bathroom were so dirty I was afraid to walk on the floors. The ceiling and walls had water stains. The sheets on our king size bed had multiple cigarette burn holes in them. When I tried to turn on the shower, the faucett fell off into my hand. I reported these complaints to the manager/owner and all she said was "Oh, I apologize". The area needs another hotel choice. Next time we'll drive the 15 miles into Danville, VA for a hotel room!

Room Tip: Find a different hotel!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

It was very good property. We had no trouble getting checked in or checked out. I would love for this town to improve because it's a dead town. Everything closes at 10! But my overall trip was good. Will stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

No water in the pool and no breakfast. I stayed at the Days Inn in Yanceyville and it was the most horrible experience to say the least. My brother, sister, daughter, and I stayed in separate rooms and they were all NASTY! For starters, the room was way over priced considering the conditions. The wallpaper was coming off the walls, there was no toilet paper in our room, the towels were tiny, and there were lights missing from the lamps. When I asked for additional towels, the clerk had to actually call someone to get permission. Then we were told that we needed to exchange our old towels in order to get fresh ones. REALLY! We had a do not disturb sign on our door and housecleaning came in our room anyway just to take our dirty towels. My brother's room was so nasty, that he had to change rooms. The tub had 2 years of crust built up in it, the tub did not drain at all and management would not come and clean the room. There was mold growing in the fridge and the floor was not cleaned and had stains on it. My brother upgraded to a kitchenette and no cookware was provided. There was one iron and board for the entire. For breakfast, bugs came out of the juice machine and the food was uneatable as it seems like it had been there for years. I can keep going on and on about how poor the conditions and service was, but I'm done. Will definitely stay in Danville, VA the next trip.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I agree with all previous reviews and wished i looked at the reviews before i booked the room. The room was nasty all over with the wall paper peeling off, mildew covered shower and dirty tub. I couldnt believe the room rate was $90.00 after seeing the room. I cant believe that Days Inn let them keep the franchise but at the very least remove the Chairman's Award Status from the website. I responded to the Days Inn's questionaire on my stay and told them of my experience. I got an email back that they had received my comments and the franchise owner would be contacting me. As of 06.22.12 have i heard from the owner, NOT!!! BT- Virginia

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn Yanceyville? Share your experiences!