“easy to get to” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Yadkinville
Cameron, North Carolina
“easy to get to”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed here May 16-17 2013 while at a taxidermy competition in Dobson. The place was easy to get to from where we were going, it was a straight shot and the rates were awesome. A lot cheaper than staying close to the competition. And the drive between the two was like 12 minutes. Plus it is beautiful out there in that area. And the free breakfast wasn't bad either. The rooms were clean the service was of getting checked in and out was fast and easy. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We were able to get a room right where we parked so we could keep an eye on our vehicle.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this motel for one night, and it was fine. Cleaner than a lot of places we've stayed, but I didn't care for the bathroom. I love to soak in a bathtub, but there was only a shower stall. Bummer.

In January, the room rate was $45, which is definitely more than reasonable. I checked again in May, and the rates were $65 before tax, so I kept driving.

Our room was bitter cold because the heater didn't work, and it was January. Not a good thing. We were moved to a room upstairs without any hassle at all. The heater was fine in the second room.

There is no elevator in this motel. That's my biggest gripe. I'm not so lazy that I mind climbing stairs, especially just one flight, but we were exhausted when we arrived and had two large suitcases and three other bags plus his backpack because in 15 years we still have not learned how to pack properly. So the stairs were a pain.

The bed was ok, pillows were ok, Internet was essentially nonexistent, and breakfast was ok. Nothing spectacular, but still fine for sleeping one night. The people at the front desk speak English! That's a plus!

As far as conveniences go, there's a little strip mall across the road, a drug store in front of the motel, and several fast food places on the main road. If memory serves, there's a Burger King, KFC, Taco Bell, Bojangles and a new Sheetz--they make really good burgers in their deli. Much better than you'd think for a gas station.

Room Tip: Ask for a first-floor room if you can't or don't want to deal with the stairs.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Conover
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

You know we were there for a soccer tournament and it served the purpose. They were very gracious towards us so there are no real complaints. I just think its the stone age to still have smoking rooms but it was Yadkinville.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

As a long term MERLEFEST attendee I have been staying in motels within a half hour of the Wilkesbore venue at the end of April for many years.After paying an ever-rising room rate each year at another motel, we discovered The Days Inn at Yadkinville. They gave us a very clean and comfortable room for 30% less than the inflated fees at another motel the same distance from MERLEFEST. The only difference was no refrigerator or safe in the room, and no eggs, hot sausage gravy, and biscuits at breakfast. They even had a superdiscounted rate of $55/night for my friend who booked a second floor room with CRT TV (as opposed to flat panel TV) over 6 months in advance. There are several fast food breakfast chains a block or two away. For the unexpected necessities, there were a national chain pharmacy and a full service hardware store next door. The manager says this motel had recently changed management and they were still working hard to get the word out. We were very pleased to save so much. The staff were gracious and welcoming.

Room Tip: Book early for Incredible values during Merlefest if you don't mind walking to the second floor...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Days Inn Yadkinville? Share your experiences!