“Excellent BBQ” 5 of 5 stars

Adrian, Michigan
1,510 reviews 1,510 reviews
“Excellent BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We were driving around Yadkinville before our appointment looking for a place for lunch. Just when we thought we were going to have to settle for fast food, we ran across this place. This was a great find, especially since the alternative would have been a fast-food burger or pizza. It is located in a small strip plaza. The storefront was not obvious to us until we pulled into the parking lot. The interior, however, was rather comfortable and homey. It was full of locals as they were doing quite a good business at lunch. I had the BBQ Salad which was pulled pork covering a bed of greens. It was a perfectly-portioned lunch and very tasty. My colleagues ordered the Chopped Plate and the Brisket Tray and were both complimentary of their choices. The hush puppies that accompanied our meal were also remarkably good. This is significant for me to say this because I normally do not care for hush puppies. We did not have a lot of time for lunch and the server was very good in accommodating this. She was very efficient throughout and the prices were quite fair. This restaurant was a very good value and gave us the chance to enjoy the signature fare of the area.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Winston, Oregon
“Just Great BBQ!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This is a simple and down home restaurant with GREAT BBQ! The restaurant is clean and efficient, the food is great, especially the BBQ and BBQ slaw! Not to be missed!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Elkin, North Carolina
“Good but not Great BBQ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

After living a couple years in Lexington, NC, I guess I am spoiled. So many excellent BBQ places where they smoked their own meats everyday. This BBQ was good, but didn't have the smoky and fresh taste of daily barbecue. Not sure if they make it daily, but it didn't taste fresh to me. The service is just fine.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
North Carolina
“Great BBQ & Sauces”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Early dinner for meeting a friend. Atmosphere is very casual, wooden tables, booths, floor & walls. Folk Art type décor. This is a small place that can get filled quickly. Had chopped BBQ plate. They have 2 sauces...an eastern vinegar type & a wonderful smoky sweet BBQ sauce. I mixed them both & loved the flavor. Hushpuppies here are very good.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
West Tennessee
“Smells Good, IS Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

This is my second through Yadkinville and my second visit to Little Richards. This trip didn't disappoint either. I went on a Tuesday afternoon around 3PM...not lunch and not dinner...but the place had about 20 people dining and two in front of me placing to go orders and another behind me.

I was in a hurry and was eating a late lunch. Service was great; server took my order, immediately got me a drink and my sandwich was ready within minutes. I ordered the beef brisket sandwich...the house specialty according to the menu. I'd say it was every bit as good as advertised. Since I would be driving, I decided to not include the carmelized onions that come with it (trying to not be too messy even though I knew I better have several napkins on hand to cover myself even without the onions). The beef brisket was very tender, the sauce was yummy. Everything worked with this sandwich! Next time hopefully I will have more time and try it as it normally comes with the onions.

• Visited January 2013