“just right!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Surf Suites Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wrightsville Beach
Surf Suites Motel
You added Surf Suites Motel to your Saves list
711 South Lumina Ave., Wrightsville Beach, NC 28480   |
Efland, North Carolina
“just right!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

Great staff, Fantastic view from 4th floor, excellent kitchenette, comfortable bed, perfect bathroom. Cannot get much closer to the beach! Very fair prices. This is not a resort, but I did not miss a thing. Stayed far away from elevators on pool end as to avoid any potential noise, and it worked! Will check here first for availability.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Stayed at the Surf Suites for a week in August, The rooms are a little dated. However, that would be the only less then positive thing I would need to say. The rooms were immaculate, quiet and the beds comfortable. The air conditioning was great as it was very hot and humid that week. But the best thing about the Surf Suites is the view. Awesome. We sat on the balcony and had the ocean right in front of us. We could hear the surf and watch the sunrise with no obstructions. It was everything we had hoped for. In fact, it exceeded our expectations. The staff was very friendly as well. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room to get the best view of the ocean
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Matthews, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

When giving starred reviews, I'm always careful to note that the stars correspond with my level of happiness with the place I'm staying...this is not to say this is a five star hotel. But it's perfect for what we were looking for. I wanted a location directly on the beach. I wanted a suite that wasn't too noisy. I wanted a full kitchen so that we could save money for scuba diving, renting bikes, and other amenities. I wanted it clean and non-smoking. We also wanted free Wi-Fi since we needed to accomplish work here, as well. We didn't want to spend a fortune. If we saw there was a hurricane or stormy weather on the way, we wanted the ability to cancel within 48 hours with no repercussions. This motel met all these requirements. This is what I would call a family-focused motel. There were mainly families here. Heeding the other reviews, I asked for a room away from the elevators and farther away from the Oceanic restaurant (in case there was loud live music there). Our location was nearer the pool, but there was never anyone in the pool (a pity, because the pool was actually much nicer than expected). It was quiet. We stepped out from a balcony (first floor, so more of a small porch) that had room enough for three chairs and a chaise and were on the beach in a minute. We could actually see the ocean through the hedges from our balcony/porch, despite being on the first floor. We've eaten every meal in the room so far, which has saved us a ton. My teenage son has the sofa bed, daughter on an air mattress which props up during the day against a wall and my husband and I share the good-sized bedroom. The bathroom actually has a large closet which is handy for keeping the kids' suitcases in (since they're changing in the bathroom, anyway). That keeps the suite from feeling too cluttered. The scuba shop, Aquatic Safaris, is just minutes away, as is UNC-Wilmington if anyone is here to tour schools (as we were). Again, nothing fancy, but everything we needed.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the elevator. If quiet is important, choose closer to the pool and farther f...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
painesville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I stayed here thursday and Friday. The room was bery clean and nice. I loved the ocean view and the proximity to the beach. I will definitely stay here again. The staff is polite, friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Franklin Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

The staff was very friendly and quite helpful.
The rooms are well maintained and clean.
The supplied dish soap and coffee filters are amenities that are common in this variety of accommodation, the paper towels are a rarity that I really appreciated.
We love the location, had a great time and hated leaving.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We spent five nights at the Surf Suites in the middle of June. The accommodations were just what we needed. A master bedroom with a king size bed, a bathroom with a tub, and a place for the kids to sleep. We also had a full size fridge, a sink and a stove. We were able to have cereal for breakfast everyday and sandwiches or spaghetti-o's for lunch every day, saving on expenses. I don't think adults would enjoy sleeping on the fold out couch, as the mattress was quite thin, but it was find for young kids. The staff was helpful and very courteous. In fact, one of the housekeepers got my son a band-aid after he hurt himself and I managed to calm him down as a result.

Our room was on the ground floor, so getting to the beach was very easy - just walk out the back door. If you have little kids who won't help you lug stuff from the car to the room, or from the room to the beach, the ground floor is perfect. If you have little kids, then you will really appreciate having a pool in addition to having the beach.

The hotel is within walking distance to the Oceanic, which is a little pricey but the only food available within walking distance. You can even hear the music from the pier, which is nice.

For us, this hotel met all our needs and was reasonably priced. I'd stay here again and would recommend to friends.

Room Tip: First floor rooms offer a walk out directly to the beach. Rooms on the pool side are probably a bit...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Reston, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Just returned from a stay at the Surf Suites and found the property to be excellent, the staff was also friendly, informative and responsive to our needs. The rooms have a kitchen and paper towels, coffee filters, dish soap, and dishwasher detergent was provided which was a plus. Kitchen was adequately furnished and we ate in one night and cooked our own food. The area the Motel is in is quiet and not too crowded. Though we went mid-week and before many school districts had released for the summer break.

Room Tip: Higher floors have the best view and locations away from the elevator are quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Surf Suites Motel? Share your experiences!