My fiancé and I along with some family went to this resort to see about having our wedding there August 2011 this past September after falling in love with the pictures online. We get there, the bellman as well as the woman at the front desk was very nice, and the buck stops there. We look around the lobby and the front of the building and it is very pretty. After being told, what we were there for the front desk attendant went to get their wedding coordinator who looked at us as if we were aliens. She gave us a brief tour not because there was not much to show but because she walked and talked, so fast we were running to keep up!? She just made us feel so unwanted and out of place, that it just really just sickened me.
Especially when I think, we drove 4hrs one way just to see this place and to be treated as if we were bothering HER with our presents and just an inconvenience to HER afternoon really just bothered me to the core. I am from Wilmington, I know what the people are like there, and to think that this person is representing us to everyone visiting our beautiful city and sending out that that is "southern hospitality" and "beach living" is horrible!
We absolutely wanted to have our wedding there because the beaches there are gorgeous but having to put faith in her to help me plan my wedding I do not think I can. I mean she was "going to send [us] an email to show [us] what [she] could work out with our budget". Guess what it has been two months and we have not heard a word or had our calls returned!! Honestly if this is the service I missed sadly, I am glad…
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the northern tip of Wrightsville Beach, Shell Island Resort is surrounded by a sprawling expanse of sand and unparalleled views of the Atlantic Ocean, Mason’s Inlet, and Figure Eight Island. This family-friendly resort and hotel boasts a front row seat to the beckoning sea and a beach that seems to stretch endlessly, making it feel like it is yours alone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Shell Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shell Island Oceanfront Hotel
- Shell Island Oceanfront Resort
- Wrightsville Beach Shell Island Resort
- Shell Island Resort Nc
- Shell Island North Carolina
- Shell Island Hotel
- Shell Island Nc
- Shell Island Resort North Carolina
- Shell Isl All Oceanfront Suites
- Shell Is Resort Wrightsville Beach