We visited again in January 2013 on strength of weather forecast to be sunny and in 70s--in January! Off-season, we almost had the hotel to ourselves. We used to live closer to Wrightsville beach. Now five hours away in Williamsburg VA, but it was worth the trip!
Very friendly and efficient staff from front desk, to maid service, to Shannon who runs the North End Bistro on site. The beach in front of the resort is the best we've seen in North Carolina--white, soft, beautiful sand. Slope of the beach into the ocean is very gradual and friendly to children bathers.
Altogether this was a wonderful getaway for my wife and me. We'll be back again and again!
- Also Known As:
- Shell Island Oceanfront Hotel
- Shell Island Oceanfront Resort
- Wrightsville Beach Shell Island Resort
- Shell Island Resort Nc
- Shell Island North Carolina
- Shell Island Hotel
- Shell Island Nc
- Shell Island Resort North Carolina
- Shell Isl All Oceanfront Suites
- Shell Is Resort Wrightsville Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the northern tip of Wrightsville Beach, Shell Island Resort is surrounded by a sprawling expanse of sand and unparalleled views of the Atlantic Ocean, Mason’s Inlet, and Figure Eight Island. This family-friendly resort and hotel boasts a front row seat to the beckoning sea and a beach that seems to stretch endlessly, making it feel like it is yours alone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, EasyToBook, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Shell Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.