I was really surprised that I was able to book this hotel at the last minute for a weekend getaway with a friend. Actually, we decided at the last minute to take a trip to the beach. Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach was only a couple of hours drive so it seemed a nice place to visit.
I used Priority Club points to book the room; therefore, it did not cost anything for us to stay. Regular price for the trip appears to be around 190-275$ a night depending on the type of accommodations you choose. Personally, I felt that this would be a little bit steep, but I would have paid to stay on the beach and have some quiet time with my friend.
When I arrived, I felt a little bit lost at first. The first floor is underground and is the location of the swimming pool and exits to the boardwalk. The entrance is on the second floor. You can also exit to the parking garage here. The registration desk is on the third floor, upstairs as you enter.
Registration went smoothly. Although the room was not ready when we arrived, the hotel called us an hour later to let us know everything we ready for us. Late checkout was available for the asking. We were also given a $10 voucher to use on at the resort.
Our room was on the seventh floor, private balcony, king size bed, overlooking the ocean. The view was fantastic. The breeze coming off the ocean was incredible. We were also directly over the pool. We sat outside at night after a long walk on the beach, sipping wine, and listening to the band (A staff member told us there was a different band each night.). We felt that the room was a nice size. We had plenty of room. The bathroom was spacious. Everything was clean. We had no complaints.
We finally did turn on the television late that evening; however, we kept it muted. We didn't want to disturb the relaxing sound of the surf.
Room service brought us breakfast, and it was pretty good. Both of us thought that we had plenty of food. Prices again were a little on the high side. 17% gratuity is automatically added to the price and with the room service charge, the price for breakfast and juice for each of us topped off around 27$. We would have saved money going down to eat breakfast, but we did not want to get dressed for it.
Tons of places to eat are available around the area. Nikki's Sushi Bar and Steakhouse is our favorite.
Overall, a great trip. We are looking forward to going back to this hotel again. It was a single night of total relaxation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the award winning Wrightsville Beach, NC hotel. This beautiful oceanfront hotel boasts pristine beaches, low key family fun, water sports and just plain relaxation. The Holiday Inn Resort, formerly known as the Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort, has all the comforts of home with fabulous views of the Atlantic Ocean. Our Concierge will schedule your massage or you can relax in the indoor and outdoor pools. This NC oceanfront hotel has something for all ages including a kids activity center (equipped with interactive gaming system), whirlpools, playground, bike rentals, and much more. Everything you need for your vacation in all within your reach. This NC Coastal hotel offers complimentary wireless Internet, 32 inch wide flat panel screen TVs in all guestrooms, full service restaurant/lounge and room service. The resort is conveniently located near shops, dinning, Historic Downtwon Wilmington, and the Wilmington New Hanover International Airport (ILM). Complimentary shuttle service is offered to many locations. Although the resort is not pet-friendly, we can recommend nearby kennels. Service animals welcome. The Holiday Inn Resort is within a short drive to Quintiles, Coldwell Banker Seacoast Realty, Mayfaire Town Center, Verizon, PPD, Autumn Hall, Wieland, General Electric, UNCW and Corning. Located at latitude 34.2198, Longitude 77.7862. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo and Hotwire so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville Beach Hotel Wrightsville Beach
- Holiday Inn Wrightsville Beach
- Wrightsville Beach Holiday Inn