A quietly-kept secret for those who want pristine waters, beautiful sunsets, peace of mind, and extra pampering. I was supposed to be joined by my boyfriend and travel companion but ended up making the trip alone. At this hotel, there are only two options: oceanfront or view of the intracoastal waterway. I took the waterway view so as to witness magnificent sunsets. Whatever else I needed was graciously supplied. There are activities for adults and children, and sight-seeing is just a short distance away. My 4-day vacation was short, but next time it will be much longer. The decor is relaxing and yet refreshing. I appreciated it as much as the beach and restaurants. There were mostly couples and families with children. Still, I never felt lonely or alone. I will definitely visit the Blockade Runner Hotel on Wrightsville Beach again, with and without my travel companion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blockade Runner is uniquely located on Wrightsville Beach Island, North Carolina’s accessible outer-bank. On the east side, the resort fronts the Atlantic Ocean with a wide sandy beach while the west side fronts an Intracoastal Waterway harbor and anchorage. The resort offers the most complete water related activities possible. Our famous Blockade Runner full service breakfast is included for all guest including groups (not applicable to cottage groups). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, TravelClick and Tingo so you can book your Blockade Runner reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blockade Runner Wrightsville Beach
- Blockade Runner Hotel Wrightsville Beach