We stayed at the Blockade Runner for a long weekend during August. We checked in on Thursday after lunch. The first room we were assigned was directly above the dining room of the hotel restaurant and I was concerned about noise in the evening and early mornings so I called the front desk to ask for another room higher up. They immediately sent a bellman to assist/move us; no questions asked. The rooms were very nice. We were in the tower with the ocean front king rooms. The bathrooms were updated and modern. Overall, the room was better than our suite at Couples Jamaica. The bed was especially comfortable. All the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful. The buffet breakfast was huge. The only small complaint would be the restaurant ran out of a couple of important items (butter, syrup, etc) on both Sat & Sun mornings. I think this was due to the hotel being full. The grounds, beach & pool were all well kept. We thought the rates were a bit steep but it was high season. We would definitely recommend and return to the BR.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blockade Runner is uniquely located on Wrightsville Beach Island, North Carolina’s accessible outer-bank. On the east side, the resort fronts the Atlantic Ocean with a wide sandy beach while the west side fronts an Intracoastal Waterway harbor and anchorage. The resort offers the most complete water related activities possible. Our famous Blockade Runner full service breakfast is included for all guest including groups (not applicable to cottage groups). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, TravelClick and Tingo so you can book your Blockade Runner reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blockade Runner Wrightsville Beach
- Blockade Runner Hotel Wrightsville Beach