At first look upon arrival the exterior looked dated but the rooms and interior were comfortable and nicely appointed. The oceanfront view and landscaping were awesome as was the beach. We didn't spend much time in the pool but it was conveniently located. The beach had a constant light breeze that made for very comfortable mornings basking in the sun. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The extensive breakfast buffet was wonderful.
Sorry to say it wasn’t perfect. The brochure and website repeatedly features rows of luxurious beach chairs so we left ours at home but upon arrival we discovered that you had to rent them for an additional $25.00 a day. We went and bought our own. I enjoy a cigar or two on vacation and my partner still smokes. She and I were relegated to a corner around the side of the building next to the air conditioning system. At $300.00 a night the chair rental and the smoking section left a lot to be desired.That said I would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blockade Runner is uniquely located on Wrightsville Beach Island, North Carolina’s accessible outer-bank. On the east side, the resort fronts the Atlantic Ocean with a wide sandy beach while the west side fronts an Intracoastal Waterway harbor and anchorage. The resort offers the most complete water related activities possible. Our famous Blockade Runner full service breakfast is included for all guest including groups (not applicable to cottage groups). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TravelClick, Priceline, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Blockade Runner reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blockade Runner Wrightsville Beach
- Blockade Runner Hotel Wrightsville Beach