“Me, myself & I” 5 of 5 stars

Rendezvous Package Deal
Cary, North Carolina
“Me, myself & I”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I snuck off to Wrightsville Beach by myself for some much needed de-stressing "me time." The Blockade Runner staff made sure I got exactly that. It was a beautiful weekend, the hotel was sold out, but even with all that activity, I was completely relaxed. Watched a beautiful sunset from my hotel room, enjoyed a marvelous dinner at East, walked the beach and The Loop several times and slept in Sunday morning. Heaven. Lots of decor changes going on and I loved them all. BR does such a good job of staying with the times and keeping things updated. LOVE all the new bright, bold colors. As always, the staff was delightful, helpful and personable! One of the few places where I see the same faces everytime I visit. I hope to be back very, very soon. It really is a "home away from home" for me.

Room Tip: Harborside (sunsets) is just as nice as Ocean Front (sunrises). All the rooms are spacious!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

531 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Winston Salem, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

The last time I WS in the Hotel WS approximately 7 years ago for my wedding night. As a long time resident of the beach I was excited to be able to go back for a night on business. The resort was in the process of updating during the off season, which is common for the area. The manager saved the stay, I was put on the sound side of the hotel on the 6th floor, when I walked in in the room was very nice and well stocked with the normal comforts. Mini fridge, k cup coffee maker, and nice beds, but they had painted the floor below me and the smell of paint was so strong it about knocked me out. I went to dinner not thinking much of it it when I got back to do work it was simply too much to bear. They offered to move me to the 7th floor which made little sense to me considering fumes go up, but it WS better then where I was. The manager met me at my room to take me to my new room and actually moved me to the beach front wing on the other aside of the resort. It made all the difference in the world!! My headache went away and the night was saved. It's a great place, but they shouldn't have even had guest near the floor that was painted. They also make a low VOC paint to assist with this issue.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Durham, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We were here for a business conference, and found the hotel to be excellent. It is newly renovated -- in fact there are some renovations still going on. They have done a great job with training staff. Jonathan, at the front desk in the evening, is a standout! Very personable and focused on customer service! The restaurant food was delicious, especially the buffet breakfast included in the room price! Highly recommend!!

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor, and had a great view of the ocean!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Charlotte
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Our sons attends UNCW and we have found ourselves heading east to treat him to dinner more often with the beach so close. We have tried a handful of hotels in the area and I have to say the staff here puts all others to shame, they are truly accommodating and friendly. Perfect location with beautiful views. The room had a nice layout and was very spacious, pretty clean, beds were fair comfort wise, linens could show improvement in quality- but we're clean, loved the tile floor as opposed to carpet - especially at the beach-, and the view... isn't that what we are there for! The renovations to this older building definitely make it a top choice for our Wrightsville Beach/ Wilmington stays. Breakfast was included and really one of the best I have had-- a lot to choose from and all was yummy. We will likely return to try out some of the appealing options on the dinner menu and stroll the beach of course. Recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Advance, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

this was our first time staying at the Blockade Runner. We loved the grounds, the hotel in and outside but.... were disappointed to find there was no indoor pool. They have 1 outdoor pool and 1 hot tub indoors. What does a family do when it rains in the summer? Loved the hotel but would prefer one with indoor pools as well. Staff was very accomodating, rooms were very spacious and comfortable and breakfast buffet was awesome. Definitely recommend. :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Saratoga Springs, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

The hotel staff was very helpful and courteous. The location is outstanding - right on the beach and not too far from Wilmington or Raleigh. The room was updated and very comfortable. If I go back to Wrightsville Beach, I'll be sure to stay here again.

Room Tip: The beach-side rooms might be slightly pricier, but well worth the few dollars extra if you like to...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

The staff was prepared, friendly, and helpful. The food was great, and the rooms were clean, comfortable and quiet. If you want to experience great customer service then look here. I will definitely recommend this hotel to others, and I will be back.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Blockade Runner? Share your experiences!