We have stayed at the Blockade previously, and would definitely stay again, if we are in the area. This time we were on the oceanside, with a balcony, and its was BEAUTIFUL. The first time, we were on the marina side, and thought that was nice, but nothing beats a balcony room, overlooking the beauty of the ocean and the crashing of the waves. HEAVEN on earth. The room was very nice, comfortable and clean, with the exception of NO microwave and NO room safe. Those are 2 amenities I think all rooms should have, but we did survive without them. Front desk staff was welcoming and VERY helpful. Usually don't do dinners in hotels, but dinner at the Blockade was DELICIOUS. Had already recommended to a friend who resides in Wilmington. Breakfast was good, but they ran out of alot of things by 8:30. :( Get there early.
- Also Known As:
- Blockade Runner Hotel
- Blockade Runner Wrightsville Beach
- Blockade Runner Hotel Wrightsville Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blockade Runner is uniquely located on Wrightsville Beach Island, North Carolina’s accessible outer-bank. On the east side, the resort fronts the Atlantic Ocean with a wide sandy beach while the west side fronts an Intracoastal Waterway harbor and anchorage. The resort offers the most complete water related activities possible. Our famous Blockade Runner full service breakfast is included for all guest including groups (not applicable to cottage groups). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, TravelClick, Priceline, Tingo, Venere, Hotels.com, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Blockade Runner reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.