We had a great experience at the Blockade Runner Beach Resort. The staff was very helpful when making the reservations and checking in. My sister and I took our parents on vacation to celebrate my mother's birthday and it seemed the staff got into the spirit along with us. We were recognized throughout our stay and the staff was warm, welcoming, and professional. The restaurant is great, the beach was perfect--not too busy and very clean; and it was easy to get there with flights/rental cars/etc. The pool is smallish, as some other reviewers have commented, but seems appropriate given that the beach is 15 steps away. A friendly server passed by our beach chairs several times a day to offer lunch and drinks. I do wish there was a larger non-alcoholic selection. Our adjoining rooms were clean and lovely, updated recently with balconies large enough for the four of us to dine picnic-style. The complimentary valet parking was a huge plus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blockade Runner is uniquely located on Wrightsville Beach Island, North Carolina’s accessible outer-bank. On the east side, the resort fronts the Atlantic Ocean with a wide sandy beach while the west side fronts an Intracoastal Waterway harbor and anchorage. The resort offers the most complete water related activities possible. Our famous Blockade Runner full service breakfast is included for all guest including groups (not applicable to cottage groups). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz and TravelClick so you can book your Blockade Runner reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blockade Runner Wrightsville Beach
- Blockade Runner Hotel Wrightsville Beach