“Awesome Food, Wonderful Views!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
North Carolina
“Awesome Food, Wonderful Views!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We went to the Oceanic to celebrate three birthdays (31, 53, and 65). The atmosphere was great and the hostesses were so pleasant. I ordered a cup of the She Crab Soup and while thrilled with the amount of crabmeat, I was disappointed that the soup was very salty. I long for the Market Inn (in Washington, DC) who is the only restaurant to get it right. It is now closed and I don't think I will ever have great She Crab Soup again.

That being said, the rest of the meal was terrific. I had the BBQ Salmon and Shrimp with rice and mixed vegetables. The salmon was prepared perfectly and was so tender. I felt guilty eating it with the bbq sauce. It really didn't need it! My guests had the shrimp and grits, mixed grill with mahi mahi, salmon and shrimp, and the lobster, mussel, and shrimp paella. Everyone raved about their food!

We were too full for dessert but saw beautifully prepared items being served to other patrons.

It's pricey but you truly get great seafood for the money. We will definitely return!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Good meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We ate outside for dinner and enjoyed the warm breezes while we sipped wine and ate great seafood. Scallops were super and the shrimp wrapped in crab meat was good. The sound of the surf, the good service and a great dessert of ice cream and cookies made the dinner excellent.
Only criticism was that dinner came too fast. We could have enjoyed more time there.

Visited August 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Food and View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

This was the first place we ate in Wrightsville Beach and Wilmington and it set the bar high. Literally my only complaint was that my drink seemed a bit watered down but it could had been they just needed to change the syrup bag. I had the Chicken O and it excellent. My SO had the salmon and he said it was very good. The view was gorgeous. I can't wait to go here again!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Friendly staff and very good seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Hmmm I wonder, looking at some of the other reviews, what people expect when they come to a seafood restaurant by the water. "If you want to sit outside, it is usually very humid and windy." - Susan B. Thanks for the shocking weather update, Susan. Let's not complain about something the restaurant can't control, eh? That also goes for "loud" customers - again, out of their control.

In the instance we went with our group of six, our server was accommodating to my wife's and my vegetarian requests, and did a great job on the beer recommendations. We had hostesses, servers, and managers come by to check on us (servers were slammed). I had an excellent (and unique) watermelon salad. The server said the menu changes periodically to keep the clientele (and the chefs, I imagine) interested. I would go here again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Columbus, Ohio
“Excellent Food and Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Great seafood. Great service. We always eat here when we visit Wrightsville Beach. They always have great fresh catches. And their hush puppies are the best.

Visited August 2013