“Never coming back” 1 of 5 stars

910-256-8286
Improve this listing
“Never coming back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

A group of friends and I went to Jerry Allen's to get a late dinner before a night on the town. Our waitress cared more about leaving from her shift than taking care of our table/providing basic customer service. My boyfriend ordered a Guinness and she then came back and said they were out of it with a unapologetic attitude. I wanted a meal with guacamole (considering it is featured in more than four of their food selections). When I got my meal, there was no guacamole on it or my friend's burger. When we asked for it, she said that they were out of it... unapologetically again. That should have been told to us when we ordered our food because that was the reason I wanted the sandwich in the first place. My other friend ordered coleslaw and was brought french fries. The food was subpar. She came up to us around 9pm and said she will no longer be providing table service because the bar was turning into a bar atmosphere. She could not have cared less about us. This is a place to avoid. Very disappointed and was embarrassed that I took my friends here.

• Visited August 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Akron, Ohio
“Terrible experience!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

This was my first time in wrightsville beach. We stopped by jerry Allen's to get lunch. It took the waiter a while to come over to our table to even greet us. They had nothing on draft compared to what was on the menu. The waitress was very rude. The bar smelled like urine and spoiled fish. We didn't even order food just paid for our drinks and left.

• Visited July 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“good local bar”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

went here for memorial day weekend and was pretty happy with my experience. nothing above average but nothing negative either! Being a busy weekend, we were able to find a seat in the patio and be served right away. They have your basic american bar food, perfect bite to grab after being in the sun for a couple of hours. sandwiches, wings, burgers, hot dogs, seafood, appetizers, they got it all. very very casual place, very affordable and overall a good experience. will come back and visit if i come back in town.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

I (used to) love jerry allens and come here at least once a week despite the obviously cheap quality food, until i came in with my boyfriend who is a combat marine veteran and one of the owners Kelly was drunk at the bar with some friends. We were about 3 feet away at a table enjoying our wings when we overheard several minutes of Kelly and his crew rambling on and laughing at my boyfriends outfit. More specifically him wearing mocosins out (a $120 pair of ugg slippers) when he spent 8 months over seas wearing the same pair of shoes the entire time. God forbid he comes back to the country he put his life on the line for without getting made fun of for his shoes at a local bar. Jerrys has no class or respect for the people spending money at their establishment.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Oakland, Maryland
“Nice Renovations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

If you haven't been here lately they made some nice renovations this past year. Lots of TV's, new tables and chairs, bathrooms renovated, food remains awesome, service is usually pretty good. I go here often when I am out at Wrightsville Beach!!!

Visited March 2014