“Harbor Inn - a great experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Harbor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wrightsville Beach
Harbor Inn
You added Harbor Inn to your Saves list
701 Causeway Drive, Wrightsville Beach, NC 28480   |
London, United Kingdom
“Harbor Inn - a great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

My girlfriends and I stayed at Harbor Inn during Memorial Day weekend. The room we got was amazing with a view over the river and bridge. It's not waterfront property but we did not find that this was a problem, in fact it worked out better--the beach is a 5 min walk and it was easier to drive to Wilmington as traffic on the bridge can get backed up. Our room was huge, like a studio apartment including kitchen, and the bed is the most comfy bed I have ever slept in! If you can't be bothered to face the crowds on the beach, you can lie on the dock behind the pool and sunbathe there. No negatives about this place at all. I highly recommend Harbor Inn!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Kings Mountain, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We'd stayed at a rinky dink hotel in Carolina Beach on Friday night but Saturday we found this place. I realize places have normal problems and everything can't be perfect all the time but we absolutely loved this place. We had our 4 year old Autistic Grandson with us so it was perfect that the balcony was seperated from the neighbors with a concrete wall and the railing was high. The traffic and people walking across the bridge entertained him as well as the variety of TV channels. He's a Nick Jr. fan and we'd never found a hotel before that made us feel so at home. we loved it and will stay again.....We loved it so much that once we checked in we ordered pizza from a local Italian Restaurant and stayed in for the night. Beautiful, beautiful views and you can see the beach through some of the vacation homes so you're not secluded and totally out of the loop....Plenty for people watchers to see!!!! Highly recommend....

Room Tip: If you're looking for comfort, waterfront, stellar views and a room that is perfect for family t...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Rootstown, Ohio, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on our honeymoon. At first glance, these rooms looked great! Very spacious with a nice little kitchen area and everything looked clean and new. It went pretty much down hill from there. When we went to leave our room, we found that our door did not latch. There is no one available in the office after 8pm so we had to call the "emergency" number. Luckly the guy who owns the place did call us back and came to fix the problem a few hours later. Another issue was that they only left us a couple towels. It would have been nice to have enough to go around. The icing on the cake though, was when my husband looked under the bed to find a contact case I dropped. Not only did he find my missing case but a USED CONDOM. We were so absolutly disguested and were glad that we were heading home that morning.
It was very nice to be that close to the ocean and the view was very relaxing. The bed was very comfortable and I thought that it was nice that there were bunk beds for anyone traveling with a family.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
ksusan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

I agree with what a lot other people said. The rooms are modern and refurbished, with black and white photographic art -- no ancient fish plaques or tacky carpet. Very clean on the surface. I really liked the size of the kitchenette, the general spaciousness, and the built-in bunkbeds worked well for a family of 4. The main bed was quite small and soft but a bit lumpy, while the bunkbeds were firm. The water pressure was good. The porch was spacious, with nice deck chairs (not flimsy plastic ones) with a pleasant view of vacation homes and docks. HOWEVER. What we didn't really understand before we got there was the location -- right off the bridge leading into Wrightsville Beach over the sound. There were people walking constantly by looking right at you if you were on your porch (impacted my reading time). Spring breakers honking at girls or swearing as they walked by. The pool is completely open to view from those passersby as well. Constant noise from traffic while outside. We were woken up or kept up by noise from motorcycles, extremely loud sirens, rumbling trucks although most traffic noise was low inside. The location had some perks such as being able to walk easily into the beach center for a meal, snacks, souvenirs or pizza. And all the people around did give it a busy, vacation-y feel. One caveat to the cleanliness was the bedding ... when I pulled out a white comforter for my son, the top was yellowed with dust and there was a blood stain on it. They appear to contract out their linens -- we saw the truck -- so it is probably a cost issue. There aren't always staff available -- the office was closed so no one was there to help. The employees were pleasant and helpful while there though. Tip: check your bunkbed drawers for helpful things like paper plates and napkins left over from previous travelers.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

My family and I have stayed at the Harbor Inn several times because of its nice rooms and excellent location in Wrightsville Beach. the last time we stayed, however, I was extremely disappointed. We booked two rooms, one for my husband and me and one for our college sophomore and high-school junior. our kids' room was awful. There were clothes on the floor of the closet, and one of the drawers in the dresser didn't have a front! The office is only staffed during check-in time, so there was no one to complain to about the condition of the room. Our other stays were fine, so this most recent stay was very shocking.

• Stayed October 2011
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

If you have to be in Wilmington for business and need a hotel room, the Harbor Inn is THE place to stay. The rooms accommodate quite a few people and are nicely designed with a kitchenette incorporated. It's the last stop before you cross the Intracoastal into Wrightsville.

Room Tip: Room was near ice machine, but pleasantly quiet. View out over the ICC. Parking underneath building...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Reidsville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

Found this online while my girlfriend and I was traveling to Wilmington nc. Small size office nothing fancy but all the staff answered all our questions about places to eat, the room, etc. The room was a surprise. With a small kitchen two bunk beds queen size bed and a sleeper sofa two theater size chairs to watch the flat screen tv. Very clean. The hotel is on the causeway so there is traffic going across the bridge. But it was not a distraction because the view of the water, boats, birds, and beautiful homes were serene. There was also a pool (just too cold at this time to take a dip). The cost was very reasonable especially for the size and wonderful design. My favorite each bed had bedside reading lights you could adjust personally to read a good book.

• Stayed September 2011

Been to Harbor Inn? Share your experiences!