“Excellent learning experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Surf Camps, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: WB Surf Camp facilitates safe and exciting learn-to-surf adventures for kids, teens, and adults. Choose from day and overnight camps, lessons, family programs, and adult surf vacations. They have a program that's perfect for you! No experience is required as they cater to beginners. Day camps and Lessons are offered at Wrightsville, Topsail, and Kure Beaches for ages 6+. They also offer teen overnight camps in incredible locations, from Wrightsville Beach to Barbados. Come learn the incredible sport of surfing from their team of professional instructors and have an experience you will never forget!
nc
“Excellent learning experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

What a great camp -surfing, swimming, field trips, and new friends. Highly recommend this for any child that loves to learn and be on the beach.

Toronto, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“More than just surfing (although that was awesome too)!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

My friend and I signed up for the adult day surf camp in Wrightsville Beach from August 11-15, not expecting anything, but since we both love the ocean, we thought this was a great way to spend a week away from our husbands and our busy city lives!

Needless to say, we had a great time! Although we felt old(er) :) than the rest of the group, we still learned so much from the surf instructors and felt very young at heart by the end of the week... :)

As a company, I was impressed at how organized and detailed the whole process was, from registering online, to emailing the coordinator with questions, and information about how to prepare for the week.

The location itself was great (wrightsvillebeach access#4) - easy to drive into and a great beach to learn at. (tip: go watch the sunrise at the beach before the camp starts!)

The lessons at the beginning of everyday was simple, yet informative, and it was nice to learn about surfing as a whole, rather than just viewing it as a "sport". Learning how to take care of the beach, the ocean, water safety, and how to respect other surfers out on the waves - was all valuable knowledge that I appreciated.

I thought it was great that it was 3 surfers to 1 instructor (gives you time to rest after paddling back out!). You can learn a lot from each other as well. The surf instructors for our week were all super fun and nice. There was one day where there weren't many waves, and we just paddled out and formed a circle and just hung out for a bit while a few instructors showed us some jelly fish. Overall, that day was nice because we got to know our instructors a little bit better. I really appreciated Taylor M. for one of the days we were all just catching some baby waves. He wasn't my instructor for the week but he was still observant, helpful, and encouraging.

Deaton was our instructor for the week. He was reassuring, fun, and helpful to each of our needs on the board. The first day, the conditions were pretty rough (to us anyway), and he had to take us out one by one into the waves. Although the waves were a bit intimidating, he made us feel safe and kept pushing us (in a good way) to keep trying. I was quite nervous and wasn't sure if I could keep up for the week, but Deaton was kind enough to let us go at our own pace while still being encouraging.

Overall, the camp exceeded my expectations. I took surfing lessons in Hawaii and in Australia before, but this camp was by far the best surfing experience I've ever had. Thanks to everyone at WBSurfCamp for all your hard work, dedication and passion, and for making it a truly memorable experience for me! :)

Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Guppy Camp is worth every penny!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

My boys (7 and 8) attended Guppy Camp for the first time last week and they loved it. We've sent our boys to several different day camps in NC and this is by far the best so far. The boys normally complain about camp at least to some extent, but they never once complained about Guppy Camp. They went to several local marine places including a ukele museum, the turtle sanctuary and the aquarium. They boogie boarded every day and learned a lot. In fact, when we went to the beach recently my son asked me about the tidal current and if I knew which way it was going. The staff was communicative, friendly, and helpful. If I had to find one complaint, it would be that the paperwork was extensive, however given the fact that the boys were in the ocean and traveling, I am grateful that the camp is thorough. My son has glasses and has to switch those when he swims as well as put in ear plugs, and they made sure he did that every day. They have a level up called Grom Camp and my boys are excited about attending that next year!

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Exceeded expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

WB Surf Camp could not have been more accommodating. Their service in its entirety, from booking to parting ways [and all the fun between] is simple, straightforward and, most importantly, as helpful as surfing instruction could ever be. Not only were our instructors Deaton and Liz professional, they were extremely personable, super engaged, and they invested as much energy and drive as we did toward catching those first waves. (A feeling unlike any other.) Ultimately, I highly recommend this business for an experience well, well worth your time and money. Cred to my boys Deaton and Christian!

Visited July 2014
Suffield, Connecticut
“WB Surf Camp was the bomb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

We took private instructions in August with Taylor K for two of us. Taylor taught us the basics of surfing and the ocean before we headed out through the whitewater to brave attempts to surf. My daughter, 12, and I were able to get up over the course of the 2 hours and with perfect instruction and patience it truly made it an exceptional experience. One worth waiting to check off our bucket list. Highly recommend!