“Awesome way to learn how to surf for any age” 5 of 5 stars

+1 910-256-7873
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: WB Surf Camp facilitates safe and exciting learn-to-surf adventures for kids, teens, and adults. Choose from day and overnight camps, lessons, family programs, and adult surf vacations. They have a program that's perfect for you! No experience is required as they cater to beginners. Day camps and Lessons are offered at Wrightsville, Topsail, and Kure Beaches for ages 6+. They also offer teen overnight camps in incredible locations, from Wrightsville Beach to Barbados. Come learn the incredible sport of surfing from their team of professional instructors and have an experience you will never forget!
“Awesome way to learn how to surf for any age”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I had moved to North Carolina from Colorado and wanted to learn how to surf, considering I grew up snowboarding. I was given the suggestion of WB Surf Camp from a family member who had seen one of their ads. I looked them up online, figured I would give them a try and signed up for a 3 day adult surf camp in late August of 2010. I was so impressed with that first surf camp experience that I signed up for their Tortola adult trip that took place a few months later. The professional camp setup and knowledgeable staff made my introduction to surfing an awesome experience. Instructors Jason and Steve walked and talked their way through surf safety, water safety, getting up on the board, reading a wave, beach care and surf session etiquette that I could not wait to buy my own board after the camp and start surfing on my own. Jason and Steve answered every question I had in a professional and encouraging way. They wanted everyone in our group to learn how to surf and enjoy every minute of our time in and out of the water. Because of this wonderful experience, I have attended their Caribbean surf trip (which was better than I could have imagined) and setup other day sessions with WB Surf Camp for my family and friends when we visit Wrightsville Beach. I can’t say enough good things about the staff and experiences I have had with WB Surf Camp and would recommend them to anyone who wants to learn to surf. I now have a young son and look forward to the day when I can sign him up for a day camp with the staff at WB Surf Camp, I know he is going to have an awesome time.

Visited August 2013

Nashville, Tennessee
“Best trip ever!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I'm adding some extra stars *****. I traveled to Costa Rica with the adult surf camp, and cannot say enough good about this organization. As a solo traveler, going to a new place can be daunting, but WB Surf Camp made everything easy. I just had to get myself there, they took care of the rest, and in grand style besides. The surf instruction is top-notch, the accommodations were unbelievable, and I had one of, if not the, best weeks of my life. If you are unsure of going alone, don't be. If you have any desire to adventure, surf, or just visit a beautiful piece of paradise, book now! Rick, Joanna, Steve, THANK YOU!!! You will be seeing me again! :D

Wilmington, North Carolina
“Adult Surf Camp Tamarindo, Costa Rica”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

My wife, and I just returned from the Seven Day Costa Rica Adult Surf Camp. From the time we landed in Costa Rica and were met at the airport by camp staff until the time we were returned to the airport, the fun was non-stop. The lodging was first class at the Tamarindo Diria Beach Resort as was the food, both at the hotel and surrounding local restaurants.

The surfing instruction was first class. The staff was extremely safety conscious and gave us continued encouragement before, during and after our surf sessions. I have surfed in the past without guidance and never was very successful. The instruction I received has definitely moved me past the beginner level and given me the confidence to continue to apply what I learned to become a better surfer. My wife is new to surfing but is confident that she can continue to practice her new skills and enjoy all that surfing has to offer. Also included were information sessions about wave dynamics as well as the effect of tide and weather on the surf.

Included in our trip was an eleven zip line canopy tour over some beautiful and hilly areas. As with our surf lessons, our safety was at the forefront of this event. Zipping along a cable a few hundred feet in the air was a blast.

Costa Rica is a beautiful, unspoiled place that is a great escape from the reality of our daily grind. The people are friendly, genuine and very helpful to visitors. We always felt safe as there was a consistent but not overwhelming presence of security and police personnel.

My wife and I give this trip five stars and it was a great second honeymoon for us.

West Palm Beach, Florida
7 attraction reviews
“Excellent trip, knowledgeable and caring instructors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I traveled with a group of 18 girls for a winter term to Costa Rica surf camp and was amazed at the great time all the girls had. The surf instructors were wonderful from the moment they picked us up at the airport til they dropped us off. They went beyond just being an instructor, they were tour guides, drivers, friends, confidants and even musicians on a particular evening. The surf lessons were managed perfectly throughout the week with such a large group and the girls traded out instructors daily to make sure they experienced each one. More importantly, the overall cultural lessons were invaluable to these girls. We visited and painted a local school, played with the children, went zip lining, surfed multiple beaches, visited a local farm, enjoyed local foods, and just had an overall amazing time. As a chaperone I was thankful to have such a caring staff and was able to enjoy the trip just as much as the girls. This trip was really something everyone will remember for a lifetime.
Pura Vida!!

Boston, Massachusetts
“LOVED IT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

We had an amazing experience with WB Surf Camp adult program in Costa Rica. I had surfed before and my husband is a very good surfer. The trip was perfect for us as I got to stick with the group and he could go off and do his own thing in the bigger waves. We both loved meeting up after surfing, each having a great time then getting to know the rest of the group and exploring Costa Rica together. Our instructors, Steve and Joanna, were wonderful. So nice and so much fun. My surfing improved tremendously - better wave judgement and just much more confidence in the water. We would do the adult surf trip every year if we could!