“Low cost, high quality on Wrightsville Beach.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Silver Gull Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wrightsville Beach
Silver Gull Motel
20 East Salisbury Street, Wrightsville Beach, NC 28480   |
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Low cost, high quality on Wrightsville Beach.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Have been coming here for years and have walked right past this place never considering staying here till I saw Trip Advisor reviews. We typically stay for a wk and rent a cottage or stay at a hotel in Wilmington for a wkend. Came down on a Tues-Thurs with my 16 yr old daughter and wanted to stay on the beach. Blockade Runner was full (+ 229 per night). Saw Silver Gull reviews and this place is great. $140-170 during the week. Pick the newly renovated rooms for $150 night- great efficiency, sleeps 4, very spacious and clean, full sized frig, microwave, 4 cup coffee pot .Ocean view from all rooms. We stayed on the pier side. Slept well, but will pick other side next time (more privacy and you don't see all the activity -unless you might want it). Staff here are so nice! I did have trouble with Internet connection on my laptop, but not my iPad (could have been my computer.

Room Tip: 2nd floor is a smoking floor and also has beach access from hotel so you don't have to go out th...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

This motel is in a great location. Wrightsville Beach is amazing as is North Carolina. The oceanfront view was amazing and the price was very affordable. I worked in hospitality and also took classes in hospitality. Everyone on here talks about the staff at the Silver Gull and how great Allen is. Well Allen prank phone called our room pretending to be the Wrightsville police. I feel he harassed us and I told him so. He is really something else, and would have been fired from the hotel I worked at. But, everyone else there was great-especially Ruth Ann. She was really a neat lady and I enjoyed every conversation I had with her. There is also a great bar across the beach parking called The Palm Room. I loved this bar, and the bartenders were the best! They open at 7 at night. If you are in Wrightsville Beach you need to go stop at The Palm Room. There is a bar next door-I forget the name but it isn't fun at all. Staff isn't very nice-The Palm Room is the place to g.

Room Tip: Ask for the ocean front room. But if you are traveling in a group let them know so you don't get...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Lebanon, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed at the Silver Gull over Memorial day weekend and it was amazing! This motel was much nicer than I had expected. The room we stayed in was very nice and clean. It had a private balcony with a view of the beach and pier, kitchenette with microwave, fridge and 2 burner stove top. The bathroom was very clean and newly remodeled. We stayed on the second floor so we just had to walk down the hall out the doors and the beach was right there! The bed was pretty comfortable, but we both arent that picky about our mattresses. Parking was free-they have a parking garage and overflow parking at the end of the street.

The staff was great...we were able to check in at 11am instead of 3pm, which was really nice. House keeping was friendly and they would leave fresh towels in a bag on the door if you had the 'do not disturb' sign up.

The motel is walking distance from some great restaurants and bars. We always had a nightly walk on the beach, which was very relaxing!

I do have to say if you don't like a lot of noise you should keep the balcony door shut. Some of the rooms on the pier view side can get noisey with all the people walking to the beach and parking. Plus there is a bar right across the street with some loud people!!!

My overall experience here was fantastic! I am very glad I found this motel and would definately recommend to anyone wanting an affordable place to stay on the beach!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My teen daughter and I spent three nights at the Silver Gull Motel. We had a renovated room on the 3rd floor. I asked for a quiet location and we were positioned on the back side with a balcony view of the ocean. The room had two double beds, a nice kitchenette and fresh bathroom. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. We did ask for assistance with a loud party group in the room below us- one phone call was all it took- not a single noise after that! We had a pleasant stay and enjoyed the direct beach access. We would recommend Tower 7 Mexican restaurant and also Mellow Mushroom- go early to each if you don't like to wait.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room- if you are a light sleeper, also ask for a quiet, back location.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Four years ago we happene upon this place when planning our girls weekend and its our new annual destination. We make it a point to go back every year. Service and quality have been consistent for four years now. Highly recommend this wonderful friendly place. See ya next year!

• Stayed May 2013
Raleigh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We just left the beach today and we were greatly impressed by this motel. It's a hidden gem. The room (221) was very clean and spacious. The bathroom and sink area were absolutely beautiful not to mention very accommodating and the beds were very comfortable. We definitely hope to return to this place soon, especially since its within easy walking distance to the local restaurants and shops. I hate to let everyone in on this because it is a smaller hotel but we had a great stay and wanted to share. The only downside would be your neighbors. We had a room full of young men across from us and they were very loud late at night and spilled out into the hallway. Because it's an older building, the sound does carry some but I feel certain that someone would have handled it should we felt the need to say something. The beds are short for guys who are 6'4" or taller but this is rather common anywhere you go and this wasn't a problem for us. Looking forward to our return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The Silver Gull was clean, convenient, and budget-friendly. We had no complaints about our room and could see the ocean from our balcony. It's a great location-- walk out of the hotel and you're already on the beach. It's also possible to walk to restaurants and shops, which isn't true for some of the further hotels at Wrightsville. We had great customer service as well. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Silver Gull Motel? Share your experiences!