We stayed at the Embassy Suites, Winston-Salem, Sat 6/16
and Sun 6/17 while attending a friends wedding anniversary
at the Marriott across the street. Check-in went fairly
smoothly, however our normal Hilton Honors room request
was messed up, but corrected within a few minutes. Our
room was spacious and clean. Bedding was attractive and
comfortable. Breakfast was a nightmare, at least a 30
minute wait. My guess is that the poor layout of the buffet
is a major contributor coupled with the fact that they only had
one cheff preparing the "made to order omelets" with only two
burners to work with. You'd think that when they have a rather
full house they would try to make accommodations for such a
crowd. I noted in a previous review that there were room-
service trays that remained in the hallway for several days.
We encountered the same problem, one directly at our front
door. Asked the front desk to have it removed and it was
mid-afternoon the following day before it was taken care of.
There is no working relationship between the hotel and the
adjoining parking facility. We were given free parking by our
hosts which had an incorrect date. One of the valets told me
that the gate was up so I could just drive out. Well, you guessed it, the gate wasn't up and the parking attendant
would not let me out without a signed pass from the valet
at the hotel. I had to repark the car and walk back to the hotel
to get the proper document. The hotel should have issued
the correct parking document in the first place, but they should
have a working relationship with the garage to deal with
problems that might arise.
In summary, this is a nice property with the necessary
attributes to make guests very comfortable. Management
should take care to correct some of the minor flaws and in so
doing totally please their guests which is what is all about.
I would take another chance on the place and stay here again
if in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located downtown Winston-Salem, NC in the Twin City Quarter, just off Interstate 40 Business, 20 minutes from Piedmont Triad International Airport. Within walking distance to restaurant row, entertainment, galleries and shops. Over 57,000 square feet of meeting space. Starbucks Coffee Shop located in the lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, Expedia, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Embassy Suites Hotel Winston-Salem reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Winston Salem
- Winston Salem Embassy Suites