“Convenient and Affordable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 39 hotels in Winston Salem
Granite Falls, North Carolina
“Convenient and Affordable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Ours was a one-night, two-room stay. Hotel grounds were clean and well-kept. Rooms were clean and affordable. My request for ground floor was honored.

When I initially entered my room, the air conditioning unit was performing poorly. Since I have a number of health issues, I returned to the front desk, requested another room, and the clerk graciously assigned me another room.

The free high-speed wireless internet access was slow but manageable.

The outdoor pool was a disappointment. Had a milky appearance and contained some ground debris. I don't think this was due to neglect on the hotel's part. Numerous storms had occurred on a daily basis prior to our arrival.

The free continental breakfast buffet was plentiful.

Front desk clerk was very kind and helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Quality_University, General Manager at Quality Inn University, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your stay at our hotel.

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

I have never had such terrible service in my life when we first walked in there were cockroaches running in the hallway, there were burn holes in the sheets, there was something very disgusting on the blanket and sheets. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone this place is the most gross place I have ever been too.

• Stayed July 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed here because we were visiting family. The hotel rooms look like they were updated sometime recently. Nice beds, flat screen HDTV, marble in the bathrooms. Pretty nice room overall and beds were pretty comfortable. It was also clean. Good WiFi signal and pretty fast download speeds. The free breakfast was very good. Our only complaint was the pool which was green and cloudy but overall can't beat the price and it was a very good value. Staff was also very friendly and efficient.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Back again for my annual stay at Quality Inn. Room accomodations satisfactory, but really enjoyed the complimentary breakfast buffet which was well-stocked with variety choices. On this trip, we met Daisy the pot-bellied pig. What a hoot. There is a lot to do in the area if you are staying for a couple days and want to get out of the motel - movie theaters, restaurants, shopping all within a short driving distance. Staff very nice, and of course the price is right.

Room Tip: I always manage to get a nice room. I usually am in the back section.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Walkersville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed for a family event booking 2 rooms. The staff was very accommodating especially the manager and made us feel like family. We asked to use the breakfast area for evening "family time" and our lunch before heading up to Pilot Mountain a short distance away. Although 4 of us from out of town stayed at the hotel we had 17 in our group as most of the family was local. The staff members made us feel at home while we visited. The lobby area couches are comfortable and the big flat screen TV was easy to see. The rooms were squeaky clean and beds comfortable. The location was quiet even thought it was booked to capacity. There are many meal options close by. We will definitely seek out this hotel the next time we're in town!

Room Tip: We stayed in the middle building. There are stairs to the 2nd floor rooms. All rooms are outside ent...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Gaithersburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Easy to find off the highway. Check in was a breeze. There are 2 buildings and our room was in the second one. There was NO parking right in front of our room so we had to park a little ways away. Not too bad. The room was fairly large- big enough for a king, 2 desks, a chair and dresser- and still room to walk around. The bathroom was clean and no mildew on the ceilings in the shower. The sink is outside the shower area, which is nice. Pretty big flat screen TV with good reception. The room was super clean too.

We stayed on a Saturday night for the race in Martinsville and are just checking out today. Went down to the lobby for the free breakfast at 8:45... not a whole lot to choose from. Typical- waffles, apples, oatmeal, etc. no bacon or eggs. Also, make sure you get there before 9 because if not, no breakfast for you. Ending breakfast at 9 am on a Sunday?! Really? Good thing there's a Bojangles and they have great breakfast.

Also, the hotel has a "business center" in the lobby, but the Internet is super super slow and the printer doesn't work. I told the guy at the desk that I needed ton print something and he said he was going to call someone to get it working. I didn't have time for all that so we went to the Holiday Inn across the street. Their printer wasn't working either in the business center, but they let me use the computer in their office!!! Now THAT'S customer service. I think that's where I'll stay next time, even if it is a bit pricier.

• Stayed April 2013
Mount Airy, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I am currently staying at this location. I swithced hotels three days ago. I ws at the Holiday Inn and what I paid there for 3 nights is a weekly rate here. I am in the process of moving and I don't like driving back and forth everyday so since my job is in this area, I decided to stay. But I was really shocked at the price difference for the same standard room. Breakfast is complimentary here, not there. My room here is clean and comfortable. Alot of the times I think people pay for the name and not the quality.

Room Tip: All rooms are clean.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Kind Regards,

Quality Inn University Parkway

Been to Quality Inn University? Share your experiences!