“The place to go on Mondays!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #82 of 570 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Cuisines: Bakery, Dessert, Ice Cream
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Dessert
Description: Since opening in 1930, Dewey's has been baking traditional favorites such as Moravian Cookies, Sugar Cake, and Lovefeast Buns. Dewey's is also Winston-Salem's destination for cakes for birthdays, weddings and other special occasions. Blue Ridge Ice Creams, a Winston-Salem favorite for over 25 years, recently joined Dewey's, bringing their delicious ice cream, gelato, sorbet, milkshakes and more. The bakery's newest treats include cake pops and cheesecake in an array of decadent flavors. Every Monday is Free Cake Square Day!
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“The place to go on Mondays!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Free cake Monday! It would make you think that you can get out of there with just one square of cake, but you are wrong! The cookies, ice cream, coffee, gluten free options and so much more, make your hated Mondays the perfect sweet day. Simple a delight to start your week.

Advance, North Carolina
“Reynolda Road Location Ice Cream Review”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Dewey's recently acquired Blue Ridge Ice Cream and have done a great job incorporating it into their line-up. I purchased a Groupon deal for ice cream and looked forward to using it at the Reynolda Road location. I visited the store at 9:30 a.m.on a Friday morning, and one employee was on duty. I was dismayed to find ALL the tubs of ice cream sitting opened & uncovered on the floor, as she was cleaning the display case. I tired to forget all the possibilities of what could have fallen into the tubs while she was sloshing cleaning products and rags in and around the open tubs. I purchased 4 different varities of ice cream. I have to give her credit - she packed each plastic quart container as full of ice cream as was humanly possible. However, when I got home, she failed to write the names of the different flavors on the lable of the quart containers! A couple of them looked very similar, so I was unable to identify the flavors to my guests at dinner the following evening. I know the freezer cases require regular cleaning, but I would have preferred not to view the process. This type maintenance should be done during non-customer hours, in my opinion. And..........I think Breyers Ice Cream tastes as good if not better than Blue Ridge and Breyers is much more affordable. A quart of Blue Ridge Ice Cream costs $9.99, and you can get 1 1/2 gallons of Breyers on sale for the same price. . Blue Ridge is way too expensive for me.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Clemmons, North Carolina
“A Local favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Deweys always has wonderful tasting items. Love their sugar cake, gramma & grampa coffee cakes and my all time favorite is the Devonshire coffee cake ! The pink lemonade cake squares are famous and tasty. I have also tried their ice cream; Very good. I know LOTS of people who wouldn't order a special cake from anywhere else. Going to a wedding this weekend and yeap, that is where the cake was ordered !
Only negative... prices are a little higher than I care for. However, it doesn't stop me from going in now and again to pick up a favorite item. : )

Visited April 2014
Hillsville, Virginia
“Be sure and purchase a cupcake”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

The cupcakes were excellent. The cake was moist and fresh as well as the icing. The icing was not overly sweet. A bit on the pricey side. The store has numerous party supplies (candles, plates, napkins, greeting cards). All items were pricey but a large selection.

Visited June 2014
“Rude service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

We went in for icecream and were yelled at from the man behind the counter to "hurry up and order before his line got long". There was no one in line behind us and we would have let them go before us while we looked at the choices and made our decision. Horrible experience, we will not be returning.

• Visited June 2014