“Best Pizza South of the Mason-Dixon Line” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Best Pizza South of the Mason-Dixon Line”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Mario's has been my go-to pizza place for years and years and it just occurred to me to do a review. A limited review because all I have ever eaten there is cheese pizza ... pizza in its purest form. If the pizza is heavenly without all the add-on's, then what more can be said? Pile on all the usual and not-so-usual combinations of toppings and rest assured you'll have a great pizza.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Pizza like home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I absolutely love Mario's. Their pizza is almost 100% like my NJ/NY pizza that I grew up on...if I couldn't have Mario's pizza every once in awhile, I do not know what I would do. Don't believe any one else when they say that they have NY Style Pizza, they don't! I keep trying others, and none stand out like Mario's. Use their frequent buyer card and get a free pizza after the punches are all completed. Their other dishes are great too, all the locations are consistent, in Greensboro and Winston Salem. Salads, sandwiches, pepper poppers, spaghetti and meatballs all awesome! But everytime that I go in there, I have to have the pizza.

Visited January 2014
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Best pizza in Winston Salem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Their pizza is as close as you can get to NY style pizza. Having lived and worked in NY and CT this is the best we have found.

“Great Wings!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

We like the pizza here, and like that you can get it by the slice. However, the wings are the best part. They are crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. Not sauced, but they give you buffalo sauce and ranch/blue cheese to go with them for you to add your desired "sauciness".

Visited December 2013
Surf City, North Carolina
“Not for us-will not go back”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We tried many selections with 5 people. No one was happy with the expense and lack of fresh or well cooked food. super salty-
my personal pizza killer soggy pizza and we had no green peppers or wet veggies to make it so. Paid extra for peppercinis and my husband did not find one- i found 3 slivers on the whole pizza. Worst steak sandwich Ive ever eaten,skimpy skimpy on cheese - once again hard to even see sliver. Wings again full of salt and totally pre frozen drop in fryer unfresh pre breaded wings. Sauce on side was very good. Not worth bringing home left overs just way to wet. This was no bargain place to eat - our cost for 3 was 67ish and we were all disappointed.With all the choices in Winston and we made this one was a true let down feeling. No counting the moolah i would have preferred Wendys or about any chain to this one-save your money and dont wake up all night thirsty from a heavy salt shaker.

Visited January 2014