“Sweet in Every Way” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 582 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Entertaining clients, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Ocean City, New Jersey
“Sweet in Every Way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

We had lunch here while visiting Winston-Salem. Awesome in every way. The staff could not have been nicer. I enjoyed chicken mambo and by wife enjoyed a turkey, cheese, mushroom, tomato concoction over a sweet potato biscuit. We shared, reluctantly, because we enjoyed our own choices so much. We would make this a regular stop if we lived in the area.

• Visited January 2014

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Great Food, Decent Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

The food is definitely excellent. The service is something to consider.. unless all these other reviews did not receive the same service I was given. The server was polite and friendly. However he did get our order wrong on the sides, but that didn't bother me as much as the bartender did when he decided to inform me how wrong I was about my cosmopolitan being not strong enough. I could have been very well wrong in this situation. I do ask that next time a guest has a suggestion, please accept the criticism as constructive and not negative.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
NC
“Anniversary Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

On my top 5 restaurant list!! It was so wonderful. My husband and I visited the Winston Salem Visitor Center and a very sweet, helpful lady recommended dining at Sweet Potatoes. Staff was great...friendly hostess, efficient and knowledgeable waiter Jasper and awesome bartender...wish I knew her name..she was great. We ordered the pork rinds for our appetizer. Best we have ever had, surprisingly good! We ordered the creole catfish and fried chicken entrees. I was going to switch one of my sides but Jasper recommended keeping the sides to get the full taste and he couldnt have been more right! Delicious! Sweet potato cheesecake for dessert and it was amazing....couldn't finish it but definitely left with it! Can't say enough about the whole experience!!! So grateful we asked the lady at the Visitor Center where we could get some good food!! Would recommend to anyone who loves great Southern comfort food.♡♥♡♥

greensboro
“Our new date night place!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Sweet Potatoes is a MUST visit while in Winston Salem. The varieties of food infusions had me looking forward to each entree that was brought to our table. They even accommodated our large party which included children. I will be back over and over again thanks so much for the wonderful food atmosphere and service!!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Could never imagine gumbo this good outside NOLA!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Rounds and rounds of applause and tubs and tubs of long stem red roses for Chef Stephanie at Sweet Potatoes for the most extraordinary gumbo that she served at lunch yesterday. Just a touch of heat. Shrimp, sausage and chicken. Lovely dark roux. Flavor-full! And a basket of hot pumpkin muffins. Eat your heart out New Orleans! So glad I abandoned the crazy notion of having just a salad. And then James gave us the window table and his usual impeccable service. What a perfect meal on Winston-Salem's Trade Street.

• Visited December 2013