“Reunion Weekend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Augustus T. Zevely Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Winston Salem
Augustus T. Zevely Inn
You added Augustus T. Zevely Inn to your Saves list
803 South Main Street, Winston Salem, NC 27101   |
salisbury,nc
“Reunion Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2008

Just stayed at the Zevely Inn with several classmates for a reunion at Salem College and had a great time. Very comfortable room and a fine breakfast. Innkeeper Ashley was attentive to our needs and provided a lot of extra service and attention to our group. Location was perfect for our purpose and we couldn't have been more pleased.

• Liked — location, hospitality, atmosphere
  • Stayed April 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2008

My husband and I needed to get away, and drove down to Winston-Salem. We found ourselves in Old Salem, which is nestled right in the middle of town. Driving through the gates was certainly like taking steps back in time. We were enchanted by the peacefulness and almot otherworldliness of the community. We discovered that there was an inn we could stay at and spontaneously decided to spend a couple of nights. We walked right up to the door and booked a room on the spot - the Summer Kitchen Room. We were able to look at all of the rooms (each is different) before we decided. There was a lovely continental breakfast each morning, wine in the evening and a tasty and quaint restaurant across the street where we ate one afternoon in the back patio under a magnolia tree! Our room was spacious and period decorated. There was a fabulous large fireplace that we couldn't help firing up, even though it was June. It was quiet, there was parking available and though we were in one big house, didn't hear the other guests at all.

• Liked — Originality and history
  • Disliked — only one restaurant nearby to eat from (in Old Salem)
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2007

I stayed at the Zevely Inn this past weekend and was impressed by the quaint atmosphere and the services provided. The new innkeeper, Ashley, is truly wonderful and guided us to the best sights of Old Salem and some great places downtown. The location is great and our room on the third floor was quite pretty. We saw several of the rooms and they all appeared comfortable and very cheerfully decorated.

Mary and Komar in housekeeping are great! Mary even brought me up some orange juice one morning when I was off to a slow start.

Try Ashley's famous hot chocolate! There is a secret ingredient that I couldn't quite figure out but it was delicious!!

• Liked — great staff! location in old salem
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
southern_gurl07
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2007

I stayed with the folks at the Zevely Inn last week and had a wonderful time! Yes, the house is old, so it creaks and makes noise but that's all part of the charm of staying in Old Salem. It was so great to be so near to everything and the staff was amazing. Ashley, the new innkeeper, did everything she could for us, even going out of her way. We really appreciated her help. We only met one of the housekeepers, Mary, but she was just a treat and added so much flavor to our stay. We wore ourselves out while there, slept like rocks and just loved the food! We recommend this place to anyone thinking of a vacation in Old Salem!! If your stay is anything like ours, you will NOT be dissapointed!

• Liked — the people
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Princeton, WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2007

One of the highlights for me of visiting Winston-Salem over the past three years as a Wake Forest parent has been staying at the Augustus T. Zevely Inn, and I plan to continue visits to the inn after my son graduates. I have always found the inn to be extremely inviting, welcoming, and charming. It has been tastefully decorated, authentically restored, well maintained, and exudes the ambiance of Southern charm and hospitality. The warm and caring staff has their guests' comfort in mind, and shows strong attention to detail. The food, served from a glistening kitchen on an enormous sideboard, has always been excellent in my opinion, from hot breakfasts in the mornings to home-baked cookies in the evenings. The inn offers wine and cheese every night before dinner. I had a working fireplace in my room the last time I stayed there which was wonderful on a crisp autumn night. I think the price is reasonable, and I highly recommend the Augustus T. Zevely Inn for a comfortable, relaxing visit.

• Liked — The warmth and charm
  • Disliked — Leaving
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled solo
Raleigh, Nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2007

My husband and I totally enjoyed our visit to Old Salem in Winston-Salem, NC, and the stay at the Zeverly B&B was the best part of the whole 2 days. This is the only place to stay right in the Old Salem village. The inn is so authentic, comfortable, and peaceful. Their gracious hospitality was outstanding. The bedding and décor of the rooms were wonderful. Our bed was very comfortable, and the breakfast was delicious.

Stayed July 2007
UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2007

We stayed at Augustus T Zevely Inn for 2 nights. Our stay was in the 'Gunpowder Room' which was dingy/dark and not particularly clean. The shower/toilet area was small and the shower curtain was dirty. Breakfast was far from appetising the orange juice and milk in jugs stood in a sink. The whole Inn needs a coat of looking at and cleaning. The only leading feature of the Inn is its location and the fact that the staff were friendly and helpful. At this moment in time I am afraid we cannot recommend a stay at this Inn.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
atzinn, Staff at Augustus T. Zevely Inn, responded to this review, July 12, 2007
I am so sorry that our establishment did not meet with your expectations! I remember checking you into your room and found you to be wonderful guests. I wish you had made your dissatisfaction known to us during your two-day stay--we would have done everything in our power to make you more comfortable! Sincerely, ATZ Inn

Been to Augustus T. Zevely Inn? Share your experiences!