“1st Visit” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #72 of 570 Restaurants in Winston Salem
NorthCarolna,USA
“1st Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Went there before 7:00 on a Saturday night. I figure the only reason we got a seat (we did sit at the bar) was it was rainy. By the time we left there was a waiting line.

We got the sausage pizza and the pasta special which was "Deconstructed Lasagna". We both enjoyed the meal. Husband was partial to the pizza and I was partial to the Lasagna which works out great when your sharring it because he takes bigger bites ;) The only negative was pizza was warm but not hot as was lasagna. Good news I didn't have to blow on it to get my 1st bite in :)

We enjoyed sitting at the bar watching them prepare the food and the chef handed it over to us immediately upon completion. I prefer bar seating since you can get a real feel for how food is prepared and how management & staff feel about their job. The hostess informed us they were shorthanded on servers. (in a professional manner) I'm glad we were told since there is nothing worse than sitting there fuming because of slow service only to find out when your storming out that an employee hadn't shown up. In this case I would have never known. The staff was extremely pleasant (hate when I hear them gripping about their lives) and they hustled to fill the void. We never had to look around and wonder where she was because she took great care of us!

Thoroughly enjoyed my wine and I really like the way they have the place decorated. I like the warehouse, concrete, steel bar stools and openness of the place. Can't wait for my daughter who lives in uptown Charlotte to visit......she's going to like it!!

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Winston Salem, North Carolina, USA
“Our Favorite WS Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

This is Neapolitan style pizza...thin crust, artisanal and light toppings cooked in a very hot brick oven. Probably not for kids. But if you like that style of pizza, you'll love Mission Pizza. The salads are very good and we love the cauliflower appetizer too. I particularly love the sausage pizza...delicious and very spicy. Personally, this is my favorite pizza in the Triad...but pizza is personal!

Winston-Salem NC
“Love this new pizza place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Three couples ate for the first time at Mission Pizza Napoletana this past Saturday and I think all six of us would agree that we cannot wait to go back! The menu was creative, the pizza delicious and the salads were fabulous! We hadn't planned to get dessert but couldn't resist and desserts did not disappoint either! Great service, great food and great friends - can't beat that combination.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“The service and food was good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Two of us ate here today for lunch. The pizza did not have a lot of flavor but I think it was due to the toppings we ordered. Fast and attentive service.

Visited July 2014
winston-salem
“Horrible Food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

From reading the other reviews I do not think I dined at the same place. There was nothing palatable about the food. The place was packed which surprised me. Ordered the Bianca and after a 25 minute wait received a bland tasting ball of burned dough with bland tasting cheese on top. If this is the way pizza tastes in Italy I am glad I live in America.

• Visited May 2014