“Surprise Birthday Celebration!” 5 of 5 stars

336-760-8686
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Village Tavern Hanes Mall is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 569 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Cuisines: Eclectic
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Dining
Hershey
“Surprise Birthday Celebration!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

On Sunday, June 1, just under 30 friends and family gathered for a surprise birthday party for my brother's 70th. In spite of the fact that the honored guest was late and guests were noisy and excited, restaurant staff was very patient. I recall staff members Connie and Brittany performing their duties with smiles and grace. We could not have been more pleased with our experience. Food was great and served in good time. I highly recommend Village Tavern for any special event or just a meal out on the town.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Worth going back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Very nice place to get a meal at a reasonable price with a very cool atmosphere. I ate there twice during my stay and both times the staff and the food were great.

Jeannette, Pennsylvania, United States
“Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

This place was in the same parking lot as my hotel, so we walked over. The atmosphere was great, making it a good classy dinner choice, without it being stuffy or too upscale. The waiter was nice, although he seemed mildly amused with us (could be us, haha). I had the flank steak sandwich, it was the best thing I have ever tasted. Please try it, it's delicious.

Visited May 2014
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Consistently excellent food and friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Our family eats at Village Tavern often, almost weekly, and I've been there for many business group lunches. I recommend the grilled salmon or the salmon sandwich, both of which are always cooked perfectly, or any of the homemade soups. The salads and desserts are also good, and so is the pimento cheese burger when they have it.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
North Carolina
“Great food, service, and atmosphere on the patio”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I agree with everyone's comments about the food and service. Food is creative, delicious, and consistently tasty. I have never had even one complaint about the service - top notch always. I enjoy the Village Tavern best from the patio where it's pleasant, roomy, and never too loud. The inside dining areas can become so crowded that the overall din of the room interferes with how well I hear and enjoy my dining mates. Whenever possible I always choose to eat outside.

• Visited May 2014