“Surprisingly Good” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Surprisingly Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

We had not been to Cimarron for a long time - maybe a couple of years. I'm really glad we went back. I had considered it OK, but better places were available and we just let it fall off our radar. The place is a little out of the way on S. Stratford Road, but worth seeking out. It also lacks curb appeal, but is reasonable on the inside even if a bit dated. However, all that vanished when our food arrived. I ordered the NY Strip which was perfectly cooked and flavorful. Another member of our party ordered their horsradish encrusted salmon on the server's recommendation and he said it was one of the best dishes he had ever eaten. My wife's shrimp and grits were good, but they do need to work on the grit cake - as it was doughy. The shrimp, mushrooms and cheeze were tasty. They also make all of the salad dressings and it's worth getting a salad just to try them. They also have some decadent desserts and we could not say no to the chocolate triffle. Worth every bit of the calories. They also have a nice wine list and a limited, but very good draft beer list. Cimarron is going back on our regular rotation and we look forward to going back.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Suffolk, Virginia
“Amazing dinner!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

This restaurant was fantastic! The atmosphere was great. The place is not much to look at from the outside but don't let that fool you. The service was impeccable and the food was melt in your mouth delicious!! I will definitely go there again when we are in the area. I loved it. They had menu items in all price ranges. My daughter's mac & cheese was out of this world. The diane sauce for the steak was amazing. My daughter loved my sweet potato. We should have gotten two of them. All in all it was a lovely evening. It's been three months and we still talk about this dinner, it was that good.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Happy Anniversary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Helping to celebrate their 6th anniversary. Friendliest place in the Triad. Congratulations to Robin, Dan, Thomas and the entire staff. And a great new menu to help. Don't pass this place up

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Winston-Salem, NC
“Our New Favorite in Winston Salem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Everything from appetizers to dessert was quality. The entrees enjoyed at our table included a steak (very tender), a salad, a shrimp pasta and a chicken pasta and all were equally enjoyed. Flavor and presentation was excellent on each plate. Entrees can be split and an extra salad and side added for $5. Portion sizes are generous, so unless you're really hungry, it can be surprisingly inexpensive. They were extremely accommodating when we called and asked to move our reservation up 45 minutes. When we arrived they were waiting to seat us. Every staff member we encountered was friendly and efficient. We weren't crazy about the indoor ambiance; it was like they couldn't figure out what they were going for--low lighting and candles on the tables but TV's showing ESPN every way you turned your head. However, we loved the patio seating and the fact that you can come perfectly casual and get a nice meal without feeling out of place. We will definitely be back!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“The reviews were spot on.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

It was my girlfriends birthday and after reading the reviews we decided to give it a try . My girlfriend had the tilapia my brother shrimp scampi an I chicken florentine an all meals were excellent as was the service. This restaurant has a great neighborhood pub feel to it that makes it all the better. Some people will think it is a little pricey but you do get what you pay for. My brother an I were cooks in the service an I will tell you this they know what they are doing in the kitchen. Will be going back next for my birthday. AAA +

• Visited June 2013