“Love this food!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Love this food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Consistently good food, always fresh and tasty, friendly atmosphere, great service, lots of choices, good for a quick, casual business lunch. It's a locally owned and operated establishment (I think)...if it isn't, it surely acts like one!

Visited December 2012

Winston Salem, NC
“A local treasure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

You cannot buy a better tuna melt anywhere!! I've heard the chili is great, too -- but I am vegetarian. They do have a veggie burger with all the fixings which is cool. The owners are great and very supportive of the community and the wait staff is efficient and friendly. And, did I mention the desserts? Incredible!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
North Carolina
“Good food and good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

This place has been around a long time and have heard good things about it but never been until today, stoppde in at the height of the lunch crowd but only had to wait a few minutes, Fish tacos my wife ordered were very good, kept asking for another bite and I ordered broccoli and cheese soup, delicious as was the spinach salad, the hot bacon dressing made this dish. I've lived here for many years and wish I had tried this Winston-Salem institution long before this.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
north carolina
“Ok food, terrible waitstaff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Went here last night, which was a Friday, somewhat busy, but was able to be seated quickly. This was our first time here, so asked waitress what she would recommend. She looked at us funny, and replied I don't know, we have everything I don't know what you like! Then we asked for a little time, which was more like 20 minutes. She came back finally, and we asked about the fish tacos, and asked if it had a lot of cabbage on it, we thought it was a reasonable question. She snapped back and said I can just put it on the side and walked off. Also overheard staff talking about other customers that were beside us. Food was ok, but nothing to brag about.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“This is how it's done”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

West End Cafe is a fixture in Winston Salem and we dine here at least once a month. The food is consistently good, the service is consistently fantastic and the prices are consistently reasonable. If you are looking for a casual, friendly place to enjoy a good meal in thw downtown/West End area of Winston Salem, you can not go wrong at West End Cafe.

The place is popular, so be prepared for a little wait during prime times. It's never too bad and trust me, it is worth it. So put your name on the clipboard, enjoy the water garden by the front door and in no time you will be enjoying your experience.

Some advice from a regular: Take a look at the special's chalk board to the left of the bar when you walk in. If you see something you want to try, order it quick because they might just sell out of it, especially the AWESOME deserts! They sell out fast.

Some favorite dishes for us:

Fish Tacos (the fried jalapeno peppers make it)
9C Veggie Pita (if that's how you roll)
The West End Ruben (a mix of turkey and corn beef)

Plenty of other choices and you really can't miss. Bon Apetite!

PEACE