“Amazingly good Italian food” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #102 of 570 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Amazingly good Italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

We go to Paul's every time we are visiting Winston-Salem. I travel all over the world, and Paul's is one of my all time favorite Italian restaurants. The food is the highlight and it is outstanding. I am hooked on the lasagna which is the best I've had anywhere. The decor could benefit from some updating, but this is a minor complaint. I highly recommend Paul's!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Lewisville, North Carolina
“This place is GOOD!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Don't listen to the negative reviews. This restaurant has wonderful food. I loved the atmosphere. It reminds me of restaurants you find up North. Very quaint and lovely with linen tablecloths and tea light candles on the tables. It is very cozy. Our waitress was excellent and attentive. The ceasar salad was by far the best I have ever had. For an entree, I ordered the lasagna. Although not your traditional lasagna (had mushrooms, more of a cream style sauce than marinara) it was tasty, although rich. My husband and I shared the chocolate dream for dessert, which was also quite good. We will definitely return. Nice break from the Italian chains we are used to frequenting. This place has character.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Winston Salem
“Staff Christmas Party”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

This was an office xmas lunch. It had been years since I had been here. It was very good, northern Italian cuisine. I had the veal marsala which I enjoyed very much. There was quite a few people in the group, good service. Atmosphere nothing special.

Visited December 2011
Thomasville, North Carolina
“Best Italian in Triad”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

The reviews of Paul's on Trip Advisor are ridiculous. We have eaten there on a 3 or 4 times a year basis for over 20 years after a 45 minute drive from our home. This is the best authentic Italian food that I have enjoyed in NC where I have lived for the past 42 years. Having traveled to Italy several times, Paul is among the few who can hold his own anywhere. Service is gracious and attentive. It is in a strip mall and not "fancy" in looks but has an authentic Italian feel to it with Paul in his tux almost always. He politely vanishes into the kitchen to assure the quality of his creations. I think that some of the other reviewers are unaware of true high quality Italian Cuisine.

• Visited May 2012
Corolla, North Carolina
“Heart belongs to Paul's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Paul's Fine Italian has been our absolutely favorite stop for over 20 years. We can always depend on the very best in everything. We always start by splitting their yummy Casear salad which is plenty! He serves the best calamari with marinara sauce on the side. I tend to jump around on the menu for my entree and try different items from Shrimp Francese (sp?) to Veal Inverno (with artichoke hearts). Papallini Capallini (sp) is one of the best pasta dishes and I have lots of friends who would agree with me on that choice! For their sides the sauteed spinach is great, pasta with meat sauce is awesome. Love, love the hot broccoli or green beans, too. Their green bean salad in the summertime rocks! For a hearty winter dish try the pasta figioli. It takes a little longer to prepare but is worth is. Great comfort food!! My husband's favorites include Veal Holstein, Veal Picatta, Veal and Chicken Parmagian. Oh and for the fish dishes, I always check to see when the fish came in and then order to assure freshness. I enjoy the snapper and sole dishes. As for comparisions to restaurant chains, we would never agree. Paul's is special. It's locally owned by a man who's mother and family still reside in Italy! My husband is from the NE where you know you can find a great Italian restaurant and he has always compared Paul's to his favs in the NY/NJ area. Whenever we eat at another Italian restaurant elsewhere in the SE, we can't wait to be back at Paul's. We support you Paul 100%!!!

• Visited April 2012