“"Had a delicious belated-birthday lunch!"” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 570 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Cuisines: American
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: Five Points focuses on the guest experience above all else, which helps create a warm, inviting environment no matter where you choose to sit during your visit. The large seating capacity results in minimal wait times for guests, while the design and layout prevents the space from seeming too big. A raised mezzanine provides guests with an elevated view of the restaurant and is perfect for group gatherings and events. The garden room is a cozy space with brick accents and access to the patio. Sliding doors allow the space to be expanded to combine the garden room with the patio. The wrap-around bar offers plenty of seating and an extensive list of beer, wine, and cocktails.
Kernersville, North Carolina
“"Had a delicious belated-birthday lunch!"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

A dear friend of mine took me out to 5 Points recently to celebrate a belated birthday lunch. It was pouring down rain but once we entered the very attractive lobby of 5 Points we were greeted by two very friendly hostess. We were seated at a comfortable booth where we ordered water and tea to begin with. For lunch we ordered the tomato bisque soup and grilled chicken salad. This also came with some amazing rolls! I might add that they were both delicious! The restaurant was busy for lunch but did not interfere with our pleasant get together. The waitress was very attentive and present to refill tea and water drinks promptly.
All in all, the lunch was outstanding and I can't wait to go back with my husband for dinner one night soon!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Worst dining experience ever!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Worst dining experience ever!!!! Never go there!!!!.. First .. 3 couples got seated before us, and the hostess told me that they showed they have already seated us. 2nd the waitress acted like a 45 year old crackhead. she had one other table with 5 people at it, and she still couldnt keep it together. 3rd I ordered a bourbon and I i drink half of it, until I realized that there was a fly in it. So we got up and left. Then the manager asked us to give them another shot some other night. He told me that he was going to go back inside and get his business card and a gift card so we could come back and give him a feedback. He cam back outside with just his business card and no gift card. I am not the type of person to complain nor do i look for any handouts. But this was so bad that I had to post this.... Again no one go there!!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“A nice place otherwise marred by very slow service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

The quality, creativity and presentation of the food was above average.
The decor and ambiance is above average - a nice, fresh look and seating.
The tables, booths, chairs are comfortable, spacious and bright/fresh.
The cutlery/silverware are nice.

Menu is good otherwise but a poor for vegetarians - no sandwich on the menu is vegetarian. A substitute is possible but always a compromise!

The service ????

I am hoping it's only seasonal, temporary, under-trained, unmotivated waiting staff and not really any character of the restaurant itself - because in 2 out of three visits, the service was great. But today, our seating took place 10 minutes late despite prior reservation for 6 people, the waiter arrived 10 minutes after seating, drinks 10 minutes after the waiter showed for the first time, bread after 20 minutes and the food after request to rush, arrived after good 45 minutes!

However, the overall experience today was not very inviting, not very warm or pleasant at all. Prior 2 occasions, the staff appeared eager to please, warm and the overall experience with the hospitality was top notch. Not sure if the success has gone to their heads or just one off failure due to holiday rush or because of our demographic - "a NOT so typical clientele".

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Love this place!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

We brought our best friend here for her birthday dinner. Our plan was to make it feel special and fun....and we could NOT have chosen a better place for it!!! the atmosphere was wonderful, staff was friendly and attentive, and the food was HEAVENLY!! If you love fried green tomatoes, I highly recommend the fried green tomato stack appetizer! This is gonna be out new favorite restaurant!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great new addition!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I really enjoyed my experience at 5 Points. I loved the bar menu, especially the wine selection. The service was very friendly, helpful, and efficient. The food we had was great. I loved my shrimp and grits, and my friend really enjoyed his lobster lobster. Can't wait to come back!

• Visited November 2012