“Tastiest Thai in the Triad” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 570 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Cuisines: Thai
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Tastiest Thai in the Triad”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

While the shopping center in which this restaurant is not the nicest, everything else about it is exceptional. I have eaten at every Thai restaurant in a 50 mile radius and this one has the absolute best food. The décor is not spectacular but the owner makes you feel like family and the service is outstanding.

We always eat family style and order different entrees for sharing and sampling. We've tried Thai, Vietnamese and Curry dishes. They're prepared to perfection with ample servings that create a value as well as pleasing the palate. The traditional Thai condiment tray is available unlike at several other area Thai places. If you want a variation of any of the menu items ordered, they will prepare it the way you would like. High quality ingredients make it a much better choice than most other Asian restaurants in the area.

The best deal of all is when you get the chance to dine here at lunch. All of the specials include a salad with the house dressing as well as two spring rolls. Great value, quick and delicious.

If you like Asian food and particularly Thai cuisine, do yourself a favor and dine here!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Midway, North Carolina
“Best Thai Food in the Triad ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

First of all the Service is Awesome, the Atmosphere is okay, but the Food is always exceptionally Great.
My son, Jack, wife and I usually dine here twice a week, My wife always order the yellow curry, my son orders the Chicken Satay, with sticky rice, and I order the Red Curry or the Other curry dishes too, I like the consistence of their food, it is always the same, Yummy !

If you are in the Hanes Mall area, give Thai Sawatdee off of Healy Drive a try, once you do you will become a regular, Enjoy !!

Adrian, Michigan
1,326 reviews 1,326 reviews
“Very Good Thai Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

This is a very good Thai restaurant that offers some tasty specialties. We were visiting the area and opted to go here after our day at work. We were able to find it in the Hanes Mall area located in a nice strip mall. The interior was pleasant and comfortable. Our waiter seated us quickly and provided pretty good service all evening. It did get busy for a while and it was difficult a couple of times to get his attention. But he made the best of it as he could. I spotted the Panang Salmon on the menu and decided it sounded like a winner. I was right as I found the curry salmon to be quite good. My colleagues also tried various curry dishes and all were unanimous in declaring the fare to be very good. The prices were quite reasonable for the quality we received. If you are in the Hanes Mall area and fancy Thai food, it is worthwhile to consider giving this place a try.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Superb Thai food and wonderful service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I have been a long time, loyal customer to this little hole in the wall restaurant. The fresh rolls are crisp and delectable with the peanut sauce. The cheese rolls are out of this world. I try to try new things when I go but I always end up getting the spicy noodles with chicken entree. Just the right amount of spice and the noodles are always cooked perfectly. For dessert, you must try the mango with sticky rice. Its just the right amount of sweet to end a reat meal. Overall, I highly recommend this restaurant to people that think they don't like Thai food. There are a lot of Thai restaurants out there but none measure up to Thai Sawatdee.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Tasty (and hot)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Very consistent little Thai restaurant off Stratford Road. The curries are excellent, and I could live off their steamed dumplings for a week. Very reasonable prices. Not eaten in, but had a few take-outs - always good. Staff very welcoming and courteous. Keep up the good work.

• Visited October 2013