“Best Coffee, sandwiches, bread, pastries in town” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bakery, Coffee Shop, Dessert, Vegetarian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Winston-Salem, NC
“Best Coffee, sandwiches, bread, pastries in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in here several times during the River Run Film Festival for coffee and eats.
One day we split a brie and apple sandwich on some great bread, another time we had some great coconut pastries, and 2 times we had the best sticky buns since we've been in Phila. The do an amazing job of moving people through the line as well, a real plus when things look busy and you don't have a lot of time.
And the bread is great as well; we had a ;loaf of the multi-grain that we took home for the weekend. Just wish they would not use plastic bags when you buy a loaf of bread; ask them and they will put in a paper bag for you (just like bakeries used to do--keeps the crust nice)

Visited April 2013

Winston Salem
“Great baked goods, coffees & chai drinks in downtown Winston-Salem.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Stopped in mid-afternoon in early April for a sweet treat and hot drink. A chocolate croissant, light pastry with dark chocolate and not overly sweet paired with a cup of Mexican chai was a perfect combo. The barista will ask your preference on spiciness (heat) of the drink. Addictive! I've gone back twice since for the chai. The cafe has an upbeat vibe. Check it out.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Winston-Sale
“Looks Are Deceiving”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I visited this place for the first time on 4/6/13. Our party ordered three deserts. One was unacceptable and two were just mediocre. The worst desert of the three was a large sticky bun which looked amazing because is was heaping with delightful sticky goodness. Buzzzzzz. Wrong. It was as hard as cardboard and tasted just a bad, and we could only imagine it was a few weeks old. We should have taken it directly back to the counter, but it was very busy and we opted not to. It was unacceptable for them to serve such an item because I'm sure they knew it was old. The second desert was a blueberry cheesecake, which was disappointing because it was not the consistency of traditional cheesecake. It was more like cheese pudding. The final desert was least offensive. It was an apple and raisin galette. That's dough wrapped around fruit and baked. This was simply O.K. because it did not pack much flavor. I had hoped to find a new hangout before going to the movies, but we won't be returning. Too bad. It looked like a nice place and the baked goods looked delicious. Looks can be deceiving.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Greenville, South Carolina
“Great Bakery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My son and I went the day after being in town after the Elton John concert. We always look up places on this site and being rated number 2 we felt we had to go! It was definitely worth it for the food. We both had cinammon rolls and I had a sticky bun. I took home two loaves of bread that were completely top notch. The coffee was very good and they have some interesting beverage choices besides the java. My son had an apple fizze. This is an excellent baker, and I am giving it four stars. I try to only give 5 stars to places where every element is excellent. In this case, there is no parking lot so you have to drive around and find a spot. There is also limited seating so if you want to eat in you may or may not get a spot. In nice weather you can sit outside which is a plus.. It would be a challenge with young kids. Also it is fairly expesive, 5 dollars for a coffee and 3 to 4 for a cinammon roll. The bread was very reasonable at 3.99 for a nice sourdough.. Overall, I highly recommend this place if you are looking for a high quality bakery/coffehouse type establishment.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Best Bread and Delicious Almond Horns”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I love the atmosphere, it is so incredibly cozy! I come here all of the time and I really enjoy their almond horns and picking up the cinnamon raisin bread! I have never seen so many raisins in one loaf of bread, I LOVE IT! Their cakes are also delicious! Try the cranberry scone or the peanut butter cookie as well! I really can't say enough positive things about this place. My only complaint... my friends and I are obsessed with tea, especially lattes. I'm sad to say that I'm very disappointed with the chai tea latte. I've gotten it 3 times. The first time, it was decent enough for me to order again. The second time it was so watery and barely had any flavor. The third time it just did not taste good. I never really know what to get to drink here, I might have to try their coffees next time instead!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere