“Confessions of a carb addict” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #314 of 570 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Cuisines: Seafood
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Confessions of a carb addict”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

OK, true confession time – I go to Red Lobster for the garlic biscuits – period. The food is unexceptional but my goodness, those biscuits. This time I ordered the dozen “hand breaded” fried shrimp from the lunch menu, which were one centimeter above a popcorn style with a tail. For my sides I ordered the crispy red potatoes and caesar salad. My luncheon companion ordered the soup and salad, with clam chowder being her soup of choice. She commented that the amount of clam in the chowder was minimal. But again, the biscuits were divine!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

winston salem
“Great restaurant and recently renovated”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This restaurant is a favorite of ours. We have always had excellent service and wonderful food. I had the shrimp tacos this time and they were wonderful. The tacos were made the authentic Mexican way with cilantro and salsa. Excellent!

Visited May 2013
clemmons
“never going again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

would give it zero stars. only been 4 times, the most recent will be our last. 1.had to wait 10 minutes when there were more than 20 empty tables. i counted. 2. my wife's tilapia tasted like it had been under a heat lamp for 2 days, dry, tasted horrible, left a bad aftertaste. she got sick from it. literally puked. 3. my garlic shrimp was garlic-less. 4. portions were smaller than any time before. 5. noticed as we were leaving, the sanitation score was 92. i can't recall seeing a lower score anywhere.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Belmont, North Carolina
“I always have high hopes”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

It never fails that my husband and I want to relive the Red Lobster experience that we had many years ago. The food and service then were excellent. Unfortunately, the food has deteriorated severely year after year. The service at this location was good, not excellent, but good. The food was definitely not worth the price tag. The shrimp cocktail was the highlight of the meal. It was all downhill after that. Our seafood was all overdone, which is a shame.

Visited March 2013
Clemmons
“Poor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Ate lunch which was a big disappointment. The salad tasted like it had been prepared hours before and put in freezer. My shrimp linguini was dry and no taste. The best thing my husband had was the roasted potatoes. Overpriced. Will be our last trip. Will go down the street to Jimmy's Seafood and Oyster Bar for our seafood!

• Visited March 2013